What's new

Magnifier application for Windows Vista to use w/ HTPC (1 Viewer)

Pete Sanchez

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Sanchez
Hi everyone,
I do all of my computing on my HTPC, which is a laptop connected to a 46 inch HDTV.
For years now I have been using a microsoft bluetooth keyboard, which has a 'magnifier' key, this enlarges a portion of the screen that follows the cursor, without this it is almost impossible to use the system since I am sitting 10+ feet away and regular font is impossible to read...
Yesterday I bought this really cool RF keyboard (http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_578_580&item_id=043844)
This new keyboard does not have a magnifier key (I thought it did but it's a shortcut key to 'search' akin to pressing F3), and the shortcut key on my old MS keyboard links to the Intellitype Pro application, which cannot be remapped...
MY QUESTION:
Can anybody recommend a way to address this issue? I found a few magnifier utilities that can be linked to a keyboard shortcut but most perform really poorly, if anyone has any experience with this type of issue I would appreciate any advice or insight, thank you!
-Peter

Pete Sanchez

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete Sanchez
Hi again everyone,
I solved my issue
the MS keyboard/mouse program was not letting me remap keys for some reason
So I uninstalled them and installed the latest version of MS Intellipoint and the remapping worked now so I remapped the magnifier feature to a mouse sidebutton, now I dont need any zoom keys on the keyboard, so I am using the new keyboard and it is pretty sweet
Cheers!
-
pete

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Glad you found a way to fix things. I honestly had no idea, even with 20+ years IT experience.
Didn't want to post a lame message stating you're on your own and waste people's time reading a meaningless post, which is obviously what I'm doing now. Anyhow, glad things worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks