1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Magnetic shielded needed for Studio 40?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by michael_tran, Jun 13, 2002.

1. michael_tran

michael_tran Agent

Hello guys,
    I was not sure if I really need my front Studio 40 magnetic shielded if it was placed on the shelf (not direct on top of TV), 1 foot aside from my tv (tube pict.), my dealer has one without magnetic, to get one with will have to special order, I thought it takes too much time, so any opinion really appreciated, thanks

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Michael, I have my non-shielded 40's sitting about 3 inches outside the TV armoire that houses my set. Granted, the arms of the armoire are about an inch thick (oak), but I have no problems whatsoever with distortion of the set and they are only about 6 inches away on either side. In fact, people have come over to my house and are surprised that with them being so close that they don't give me a problem. I think you should be fine the way you want to set them up.

3. michael_tran

michael_tran Agent

thanks Evan for your help.