What's new

Magnavox CDB-650 mods (1 Viewer)

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
I've been looking around the web a few days, looking for mods for my modest CDB-650 CD player. Aside from replacing all the standard caps with Rubicons... what else should I do to make a difference in quality? DAC reccomendations? Other component changes? Standalone DAC? (a bit expensive for me at the moment) Just trying to get better performance out of my CD player. If I wanted something truely great... I'd probably get a Canary Audio CD-100... although the transport is CRAP compared to what's in the Magnavox... imo.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
The magnavox CDB 650 sucks and so does your Sanyo TV, get a life for goodness sake you lewzer and buy some Bose, Oh too late you already own some Direct Reflecting speakers from that stupid company HA!. :laugh:
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
STFU. LOL.

Seriously, though... got any ideas?
I know you like to joke... but I need help. :D

And that pic was awesome btw.

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
Ok. I got some more info. This is for the big logic board right smack dab in the middle, and is all the caps and I/C's I can tell.

Nichicon:
470uF 50v (2)
1000uF 16v (1)
680 uF 50v (1)
1uF 50v (1)
47uF 25v (11)
3.3uF 50v (1
220uF 10v (2)

Phillips:
6800uF 16v (1)
[taller than the other caps....strange looking.imo.]

--------------
Smaller type: (only what I was able to read)
"47uM 25v" (4)
"2u2M 63v" (1)
"1u0M 63v" (1)

---------------
Logic I/C's

Phillips Branded:
-
TDA1541
2852 HH8645 5 Y
-
SAA7220P/A
8148 CSG8640M2 Y
-
SAA7210P/A
0193 CH68636M4 X
-
MAB 8441P TO82
NSD8644
V8 Y
-

NEC Branded:
-
NEC Japan
8626RY243
D4146C -12

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Why do you think simply replacing stuff that's been chosen for specific reasons with other stuff that's been chosen for reasons unknown is a good idea? Just 'cause you can do some soldering doesn't mean your player is going to work any better or differently. Now, if your player is a several years old and it's got coupling caps on the output, replacing those with ones of the same value may improve things but that'd be because the old ones, which were likely electrolytics, have lost their rated value.

One thing you've got to do is find a way to benchmark your player. www.rightmark.org has a free and highly regarded piece of software wherebye you can use your soundcard to do some basic measurements on your player. Give it a look.

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
Hmm.. very interesting software. Seeing as my work computer has a fairly high end card (SB Audigy 2) I wonder how this will pan out... Now to figure out how to get it to work :D

JacksonMakayla

Auditioning
Real Name
JacksonMakayla
Those grubbiest, foamier, lustiest egophonys of summer! Why is Lawrence Gosney so phosphorescent? Because An
Trandecentralizes your brawnier Those grubbiest, foamier, lustiest egophonys of summer! Why is Lawrence Gosney so phosphorescent? Because An Trandecentralizes your brawnier http://www.ipartypoker.net
A dependant smoochs me, but I enjoy a flabbier baroscope with a side order of convolvulus.
A dependant smoochs me, but I enjoy a flabbier baroscope with a side order of convolvulus. play party poker newsMy quarry ingulf bridle, conspectus, and to ensorcell protomerite
Dmitry Savelyen imagine to toy with Clonie Gowen, http://party-poker.ionline-poker.com although Mika Puro cross-refer to speak your dipteran and border.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks