What's new

Magnavox 27" HDTV $414.99 (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Don't know much about this set but Circuit City has it on their website for $414.99 with free shipping. The reviews on Circuit City's website all seem good though. Anybody buy this set yet or have more info on it?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Bill, that's a lot of money for a small set like that, even though it's HD. In my opinion, buying a HD set that small is not worth it because the picture on a set that small is normally excellent anyway. But, it's your money.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
$414.99 sure isn't a lot of money when Sony wants $750 for their 27" HDTV. But I do agree with you about size. Myself after the 1st of the year or so I'm going to be looking really hard at the 30" or 32" HDTV's from Sanyo, JVC & Zenith (If Zenith ever gets them out). Haven't seen the JVC's yet but I understand the picture quality is better than the Toshiba's & some say they are better than the Sony 420 models too.

Jackson L

Stunt Coordinator
I would take a Sanyo over a Magnovox any day. They have some nice Sanyo HD sets in the same price range at Wal-Mart.

Jackson L

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know the exact model but I saw it not long ago. It was probably on sale and it's probably not at that price anymore. However, the normal price is under $600 I believe. Again, I can't be sure without going back to check it out.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
The lowest prices on the Sanyo sets I've seen is $697 in my area. Maybe they were selling a return or open box set for that price because when they first came out they were $747 nationwide & then they droped to $697 & I doubt they are under $600 now & they can't be had for $600 in any of the local Wal-Mart's in my area.
Maybe it wasn't an HDTV that you saw?

Jackson L

Stunt Coordinator
It was an HD set. I bet you're right though. It was probably an open box item. :rolleyes

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
If the Magnavox HDTV I saw at my local Circuit City is indicative of the quality of their sets, I'd stay away. The picture on this one looked quite soft and lacking definition.

The 32" Sanyo at Walmart with built-in HD tuner looked mighty nice to me, especially for $700. Believe it or not Walmart had an actual HD feed going into it, and it was incredibly crisp. Can't comment on how it looks with SD because they didn't have that hooked up, but for HD it's smokin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks