What's new

Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles' Classic 1967 Feature Film Restored For Worldwide DVD and Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
This release is very interesting to me. I will be purchasing it when it becomes available. I own the film three times. But this release looks like it will include items not on any of my copies.
"This new release also features three new edits of some of the song performances, as well as scenes that were cut out of the original film."
http://www.thebeatles.com/
And a video on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVwjyteZx3c&feature=share

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
In case anyone is interested (I am), the story behind the film will be shown this week on PBS. The link includes a video preview.
"The story behind that film – Magical Mystery Tour – is revealed on Magical Mystery Tour Revisited on THIRTEEN’S Great Performances, Friday, December 14 at 9 p.m. on PBS. (Check local listings)."
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/episodes/magical-mystery-tour-revisited/about-the-film/1464/

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, my PBS station broadcast this last night. But I got home from work so late, I missed most of it. But i found they repeated it at 2:00am so I managed to record it. I'll be giving it a watch, maybe on Boxing Day!
From what I could see, it looked interesting.
I also learned yesterday a controversy that the newly remastered Magical Mystery Tour film just released on DVD and Blu Ray has some incorrect audio segments. Mainly that of John doing the "Roll up, roll up...." intro was replaced? I haven't had a chance to check out the disc yet, so I'm curious to see it.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
Enjoy it! I own the film (copies from the 1970s and 1980s). I will be picking up this version soon. I also enjoy that album more and more each year. I own six or seven copies on LP (some with the booklet and some without). I also own five Magical Mystery Tour CDs, and "The Alternate Magical Mystery Tour" (studio outtakes and other unreleased versions). The film isn't spectacular, but it's still an interesting chapter in the Beatles' legacy. And of course, the music is exceptional.
Shortly after December 8th, 1980, my best friend -- a Beatles collector extraordinaire -- showed me something inside of the booklet. Sometime, have a peek at the Magical Mystery Tour bus -- specifically the picture of the bus with John Lennon standing to the side of it. You will see the following written: "The best way to go is by MDC." Chilling, if nothing else.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I had to look that up Scott. M&D Co. Or Mark David Chapman is pretty wild.
Or to quote from the Menagerie, "A coincidence? Maybe."

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
I had to look that up Scott. M&D Co. Or Mark David Chapman is pretty wild.
Or to quote from the Menagerie, "A coincidence? Maybe."
Nelson,
Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting, albeit coincidental. Of if you don't believe in coincidences, maybe divinely providential. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks