What's new

Magic Online (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Has anyone else downloaded the beta software for this? When I saw that the open beta was going to be free it piqued my interest. I haven't played Magic in years so this will be like an entirely new game for me. The one bummer is that I couldn't get the file off of Gamespot yesterday and it's gone now. So I ended up putting out the $7.00 for the FilePlanet service. I don't know if I'll put out the dough when the beta ends, but for now I hope I'll be happy. Let me know if you want to try to hook up for a game - between this, the PS2 I just got, and Diablo 2 (not to mention the wife and daughter :)) I may be a little hard to find, but I'm open to it.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Heh, same goes for me. I'm right now engrossed in a rental of Final Fantasy X, but you can catch me on the Magic beta as 'Pharmboy'. I have to admit, I haven't played Magic for 3 years, as the game got way boring after a while, but this new Beta is doing a lot to rekindle my love, since it streamlines everything so so well.
And it even recreates that indescribable thrill of opening up booster packs and seeing what's inside! Which is half the appeal right there :P. But, there are still a lot of twink players and what-not, so I too don't know if I'll be around past the Beta version, but for now I'm there pretty much daily (just not this week).

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Right now, my problem is even getting the thing going. I downloaded and installed the software and when I went to start up the game it sent me to the online store to create an account. I did that, which then forwarded me to a survey. Unfortunately, the dang thing won't go past the third page - after that I get a time-out error :angry: . I figure it's probably because of the number of people trying to set up their accounts but it's frustrating none the less. Anyway, if I ever get in, look for "TonnerCyn". That'll be me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks