What's new

Maggie update (1 Viewer)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Hey guys! Just checking in....have finally been having some visitors over to experience the rig, and the feedback has been glowing! Don't really have my eyes and any upgrades right now, as I'm just enjoying the fruits of my labor.

BTW, 6, diggin the new look of the website!

felito

Auditioning
Real Name
Felix
Hey people, got around $3500. to spend on a home theater system w/avr...looking at some mts-01, any suggestions? 24ft.x19ft room in basement. 8ft suspended ceilings, also getting a 55" plus flat screen tv. Got ps3, wii, dvr directv. HELP, don't want to get something expensive with low quality....

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
felito,

You would do better posting a new thread with your questions. This thread was and is about maggies and their owners. Sorry!!

Dean_M

Second Unit
Resurrecting this thread for an update and to see if any Allans/Allens/Alans are still around. You heard it here first, I am selling all of my Maggies -- 3.6Rs, 1.6QRs, and CC3 -- and downsizing. I will be heartbroken to see them go, but I don't have a choice. A great deal has transpired over the past six months. I managed to shatter my left knee leaving me permanently disabled and with enough titanium in my leg to build a child's bicycle. /img/vbsmilies/htf/rolleyes.gif">
On the upside, I lost about one hundred and sixty pounds of useless fat by divorcing my wife.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Deano,

Sorry to here about your knee and the the choice to sell yor maggies. I hope all works out for you, you are a class act!! I'm sure you will be back to visit from time to time, after all. you are an honorary Alan!!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dean:

I am sorry to hear about your knee and I have gone through that type of weight loss myself a couple of times. My problem is I keep putting it back on. :)

I am also sad to hear that you are selling your maggies.

You will have to let those of us that don't have our own maggies and those that do what you think of the new speakers in comparison.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Howdee Alan!!

We have a new guy to the forum Alex that is thinking of maggies for his HT. I am going to send him to this thread for you all to enlighten him.

Dean_M

Second Unit
Thanks guys! I just got word this morning from Jim Salk that my speakers and subs should be shipping tomorrow. I am very much looking forward to getting them set up and giving them a listen. The speakers and subs were all made to match, the cabinets are bamboo and dyed sort of a Rosewood red color. I also went all out and got the ribbon tweeter upgrade. As soon as they all arrive, I'll be putting all of my Maggies and Mye stands up for sale. Although I'm sorry to have to sell the Maggies, I'm looking forward to moving to a smaller and more manageable place. And I'm really enjoying bachelorhood.

Dean_M

Second Unit

Here they are. They sound as good as they look, too.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Anyone out there?

Dean, sorry to hear about your knee, brother...how you holdin' up?

I'm sure you'll get tons of enjoyment out of those Salks

Meanwhile, I just moved into a new apartment that I love, and I have my Maggies singin!

Anyone still checking in?

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
It looks like our little group has not been reading this post for a while. I wanted to share a sad event in my life. I lost the love of my life, my soul mate, my wife of 36 years to lung cancer about 6 months ago. Needless to say, things like HT systems and such lose much of their importance. I hope you all are doing well. We had a great post going for a long time!!

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
*Tosses magic water on dust covering ancient Magnepan thread...sees remnants of the Legend of the Alans, honorary Alans, and 6...looks around...small pieces of mylar on the ground...distant memories of planar magnetic sound reproduction faintly fills the air...*

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think of this classic thread often.

And was happy to see it had recently been bumped up by one of the Alans. I was sure that I was subscribed to the thread...but, apparently, was NOT. I just happened to stumble upon it when giving a glance to the overall Speakers forum.

Subscribed now.

I really miss seeing Parker around the forum on a regular basis...but I also miss reading all the posts here on a subject I never really fully understood but, nevertheless, made me feel like I was really missing out! :D

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Mike - I have been discussing getting a couple of pair of Maggies here for a review. This thread looks like the perfect spot, if you and the other mods are ok with it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks