What's new

Maggie update (1 Viewer)

Dean_M

Second Unit
P: I listened to the Cinenova today and it sounded great to me. It seemed to me to be quite a step up from my Outlaw monoblocks in SQ. I'm looking for the best compromise I can get for HT and multichannel music. As much as I would like to follow in your foot steps with a great two channel system, I don't have the room for it. :frowning:

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
As much as I would like to follow in your foot steps with a great two channel system, I don't have the room for it.
Dean, I'm sure what ever you end up with will sound fantastic. When I first set my 2 channel system up in our new house, I used 2 channels each from the Cinenova to biwire/amp my 1.6's. Not bad at all!!

I have gotten about a dozen emails from my A'gon sale wanting me to ship. It looks like that is what I will end up doing. Are you ready for those stands??

Dean_M

Second Unit
I thought that you'd never ask. :D They can be sent UPS can't they? How do you want to work out the details - payment, etc.?

Dean_M

Second Unit
P: I'm not at all worried. I know you take care of your stuff.
It's been a big day for upgrades for me. First the MYE stands then after researching other candidates for a main system amp for the past week, I ordered my UcD400AD amps today - one three channel and one two channel. It's like Xmas morning around here. :D

Dean_M

Second Unit
Z: It'll take two to three weeks to get them. Kevin has been a great person to deal with. Although it cost me quite a bit more to buy two separate amps rather than waiting for a single chassis five channel, Kevin made me an offer that I just couldn't refuse. :D
It seems that I'm not the first or the only Maggie owner to choose these amps. They're apparently catching on with the Maggie crowd and the owners of other hard-to-drive speakers.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
That's really awesome....I've heard nothing but glowing reviews from people who are using the UcD amps....can't wait to hear about them!

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Dean,

I found what I think will work real well for the bases of your stands, a nice stout box and plenty of styrofoam. But the struts are a different matter. So I called and talked to Grant's wife about the possibility of shipping my 3.6 struts in a 1.6 crate. That way I could use them to ship your struts. She told me that you had ordered the floor protective cups for you speakers.

So, if this is OK with you, I will ship the bases next Monday, and the struts when my new stands get here. You will still be able to mount your speakers without the struts. I know that I would feel better using his crate rather than a cardboard box!

What say you??

Dean_M

Second Unit
P: I figured that you might have to ship the struts separately. Is the crate that you have coming just a crate for the struts, or is it for the entire 1.6 stands? If it's for the entire stands, I would rather wait on your stands and have you ship everything in one box to save a bit on shipping. What's the ETA on your stands?

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Dean, the 1.6 stands came in 2 very nice wood crates. One squarish crate for the bases and on long skinny crate for the struts. That is how my 3.6 stands will come also. But the bases for the 3.6 stands are much bigger. Grant said you can put the 1.6 bases inside the feet of the 3.6 bases.
I believe the struts for the 3.6 stands are smaller than the 1.6 struts, and they don't have the C-clamp type end on them like the 1.6 does. That is why I'm asking for the bigger 1.6 crate with my 3.6 struts.
This is just one of the reasons that I really didn't want to ship this stuff. And I was foolish to throw out my 1.6 box and stand crates. But I didn't have the storage in my old house like I do in the new one!!
So it sounds like my 2 shipment plan is to your approval?? :)
Grant is to email me at home with an update on my 3.6 stands!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks