What's new

Madonna's Drowned World Tour is DTS (1 Viewer)

Mark F Hall

Agent
Madonna's new DVD has a DTS 5.1 audio track. It is not mentioned anywhere on the case with the DTS logo or text.
The DTS track sounds great.
Mark

Harrison Shinn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harrison Shinn
I noticed this also when I started the disc up. I ended up staying up till almost 3:00 AM watching it. It's a terrific concert and I agree, the DTS sound is fantastic.
Cheers!
Harry
------------------
i'm not policing what you think and dream...
-Tori Amos "Concertina"

Brad_W

Screenwriter
What is the track list for this DVD. I saw it the other day, but didn't really get a chance to look at the back. As a Madonna fan, I would really like to pick this up. I own three of her concert videos on VHS and a DVD especially with DTS would be great.
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Mike_Skill

Stunt Coordinator
I'm bummed that it's not anamorphic. Anyone watch this on a 16X9?? If so, how's the video quality, blown up on your 16X9 set??

Mike_Skill

Stunt Coordinator
It is the HBO show, but if I remember right it was shot HD, which would mean a 16X9 was an option for them to use.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
DTS? Well why didn't they say so? This goes from a pass to a buy!
- Steve

Harrison Shinn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harrison Shinn
The concert is 4:3.
frown.gif
I have a 55" 16:9 RPTV set and thought everything looked pretty good, of course due to the extremes of the lighting design, there are instances when things aren't as clear as they could be. I viewed it in the PANORAMA mode on my set (which is for stretching 4:3 material to fill the screen). Still, it's a nice transfer and the DTS sound is terrific.
The track list is as follows:
Drowned World/Substitute For Love
Impressive Instant
Candy Perfume Girl
Beautiful Stranger
Ray of Light
Paradise (Not For Me)
Frozen
"Open Your Heart" Swell
Nobody's Perfect
Mer Girl, Part I
Sky Fits Heaven
Mer Girl, Part II
I Deserve It
Human Nature
The Funny Song
Secret
Gone
Don't Cry for Me Argentina (Instrumental)
Lo Que Siente La Mujer
(What It Feels Like for A Girl)
La Isla Bonita
Holiday
Music
The disc also has a nice photo gallery with a quite a few publicity photos of Maddy.
Cheers!
Harry
------------------
-Tori Amos "Concertina"

Harrison Shinn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harrison Shinn
Brad:
A Tori DVD would be sweet! I have all of the VHS releases but have been pining to have them on DVD.
A Tori compilation DVD was planned about a year or so ago, though it was cancelled when she became involved in it. After having a baby and recording STRANGE LITTLE GIRLS it looks like it'll be a while before we see anything.
Cheers!
Harry
------------------
-Tori Amos "Concertina"

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to compare notes on the volume level of this DVD, I find it impossible to listen to the Dolby 5.1 track at reference level (incredibly bright and harsh sounding), where my other concert discs, including Madonna's "Girlie Show" are all quite comfortable at that level. Heck, even at -8 db below reference, this disc is louder than the actual live show. (I was at the U.S. opening date in Philadelphia).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks