What's new

Madonna Re-Invention Tour DVD news (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Portuguese TV treated viewers this morning to a performance clip of
"Vogue" from yesterday night's show. It was not the usual news report on
the show - they simply played "Vogue" up until the end of the 2nd
chorus, without any commentary or interruption!

What is also interesting, is that this footage was provided to the
Portuguese channel RTP in 16:9 format - while the usual concert footage
submitted to medias over the course of this tour has been in 4:3 format
(the huge projection screens which air this footage at the venue are
4:3).

Yesterday HDTV cameras were used and the show was filmed by "HB11". The
image on the side screens were all compressed (she looked thiner) 'cause
the screens are 4:3 but the images 16:9. It looks from this then that
the DVD filming was done 16:9 (and if this is the case, this would be
Madonna's first concert DVD to be presented in the 16:9 widescreen
format).

No word yet on when this will be released. The CBS broadcast of the show has been cancelled so hopefully that will push up the release date...possibly to coincide with her next single. Rumor has it that a bigger boxed set will include the Blonde Ambition World Tour on DVD.

More to come...

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
I had assumed this would be a 16:9 release, given the potential CBS broadcast (possibly in HD, but since my local affiliate doesn't carry the 1080i signal, it would've been for naught anyway...)

The 'Drowned World' DVD came out in November of the same year of the tour, and 'Drowned World' followed pretty much the same overall schedule.

I copied my 'Blonde Ambition' LD to my DVR (yes, I watch it THAT much...), but I have always wished for a 16:9 version from the 35mm 'Truth or Dare' footage.

Oh, and what next single? Soundtrack release or otherwise?

CraigL

Screenwriter
Yah but the difference is that the DW tour was on HBO immediately. This won't see a similar tv broadcast. They have no reason to "jump" on it because there's nothing to keep an audience interested in it since the tour is over.

I'm guessing the plan is to release it when the next big thing comes out. Again, rumor has it that there still might be a boxed set...DVD or otherwise.

I'm not sure what's going on with the new single. Again, only rumors. It may be coming from the boxed set but it's certainly not coming from a completely new album. As far as I know, she hasn't even started recording anything with anyone.

Oh and John, don't feel bad. I have BOTH my BA concerts on DVDR because I need to watch them as often as I can. GREAT great show. But Re-invention may IMHO top it. It's so close in my mind. I have too many good memories associated with this tour. I can't wait to own the DVD.

Phil_L

Second Unit
Nothing tops the Reinvention Tour in my mind. In particular because I was in the pit and got touched by Lady M. Best tour ever! On the DVD side, I am hoping for some extras, unlike DWT. You know, I have NEVER seen BA on laserdisc. I have VHS boots from Japan and Nice but have never seen a good copy. It always seemed silly to buy a LD player just for that.

The boxset rumors seem to come and go, so I won't let myself get excited until I hear something official (though that doesn't always mean anything either). A new single from AL was talked about but I believe that idea was axed. I wonder what is going on with the supposed remix CD we've been hearing about.....

CraigL

Screenwriter
There will be no more AL singles. The album is dead.

This DVD will apparently coincide with a new single to be released with whatever this new remix album/boxed set is.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Europe now has a release date of December 6th. That's official from WB!!!!

Phil_L

Second Unit

This officially made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Now i can really relive my RIT summer!

CraigL

Screenwriter
Newest update:

The European release date is April 5th.
This will apparently be used to promote the new documentary which will be released in May which followed her on the tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks