madonna: Confessions on the dancefloor

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lucia Duran, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Screenwriter

I've been listening to this album for about an hour now and I am enjoying it. She sure uses a lot of samples on this album. Interesting to hear sounds from ABBA, Sting, Herself (she sampled her own sounds) and the Beatles.

2. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I have only listened to it once, its not bad, some groovin beats and all but Ray of Light it is not. There's not the emotion there was before but thats ok, the dance fanatics will eat this up.

3. robertLP

robertLP Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like she also took a few seconds from Pink Floyd's Time chimes at the end of the first track/beginning of second.

4. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

I love this album! Favourite track has got to be "Jump", which reminds me of the theme to "Knight Rider" and even as laughlable "I Love New York" is, I can't help shaking my ass.

5. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

this is the album we have been secretly wanting to hear from Madge for a long time but figured she'd never deliver again.

Okay, the emotion isn't there like someone posted, but you know, I think an album like this is what was needed after American Life, an album that criticized for being too pretentious and boring, the same things that worked in critics favor for Ray Of Light was working against it for AL.

This is easily Madonna's most "fun" album in god knows how many years, she needed to do something like this to boost herself back with a fun album, yet without regressing.

6. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Screenwriter

My favorite track is "Push".

This album has been on repeat since I got it. I am just having so much fun listenging to it. She really did deliver this time!