What's new

Madisound Vifa A/V kits (1 Viewer)

Joe Richards

Auditioning
I was wondering if anyone has any opinions or reviews about either of the Vifa a/v kits available from Madisound? Thanks

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Brian Bunge is the expert here. I was considering these also a while back but found that the enclosures they sell are particleboard, not MDF. So, if you get these, build your own cabinet or have brian build them for you.

They seem like a great kit. However, I decided to go with GR-Research's AV1 kit and am extremely happy with them. Brian also just received a GR AV1 kit and should be finishing it within a couple weeks. Wait for his review and comparison between the AV1's and his emeralds(use the same drivers as the madisound kit). I feel that the GR price/performance ratio is unbeatable.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Brian Bunge is the expert here.
Well, Jeff thanks for the compliment, but let me first state, FOR THE RECORD, that I have never actually heard ANY of the Madisound kits. My trouble with their kits was strictly from the standpoint that I don't like el cheapo particle board cabinets. Also, it's my understanding that these kits are simply a LEAP produced design with no further tweaking done. I've heard indirectly from those that have compared them to the Emeralds that the Emeralds are definitely superior. This has a lot to do with the extensive tweaking that Mike D. did with them beyond simple simulations.

Anyway, I will be completing the GR AV1's within the next few weeks and will compare them to the Emeralds. The way things are going it's quite possible I could end up with 3-4 of the most popular kits and can use them as demo's to compare and contrast between each other for potential customers. I've already got one that's on the fence between the AV1's and Emeralds just waiting for me to do said comparison!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread