What's new

Made the plunge.....Paradigms all around (1 Viewer)

Brad H

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad H
So I've been lurking for about 6 weeks and finally did a few auditions and settled for Paradgim Mini Mon's, CC270, and ADP170,teamed up with a Marantz 7400.

I nearly bought Monitor B2's and the like but liked the more crisp, bright sound of the Mini Monitor's.

What sub should I start to save for - currently I'm running an old 8 inch Pioneer POS.

Also note that Paradigm is a great deal here in Canada and after reading and watching the discussions here I saved over 15% off of list across the board on my gear. Thanks for the help to the posters on this top notch board.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
If I were you, I'd take the cc270 back and return it for the cc370.....it's a better match for the mini-mons.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator

I would agree.

Since you are in canada paradigm subs are very good value.

The new Pw 2100 2200 are very good or if you can find a previous version of the PW 2200 it might be a great used value. I have one and think it is very good.

Brad H

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad H
I would have loved the cc370 but the upgrade I chose was to the Mini Mons from the Focus. I would have added the PDR 10 as well, but then decided to build around the Mini's and save for a new sub, then updgrade to the centre. Apparently the dealer I'm dealing with has a great trade in policy where-by you get no less than 60 of retail 4 years later if you want to trade in. So my logic was the Mini's are nice in two channel, and although they are not as well suited for the 270 I'll make due until I buy a new sub and save for the center.

There was a used PS1200 sitting at the shop for like $500 - I'm kicking my self, but I'll have to wait!

Kevin G.

Second Unit

Just curious, why the Minis over the Focus?
I made that comparison a few months back, and chose the Focus. I thought they were a little more spatial and had a little better bottom when used without a sub.
I really was torn over this decision, because you equate more $$$ ='s a better speaker. (the other deciding factor was that the Minis required a little more power to really make 'em thump, and my AVR is the weak link in my system.)
I also went with the 270 to match, and couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks