Well, I made my first set of cables using the canare tools/wire/connectors. It wasn't too difficult. I made a composite video cable from the LV-77S, and L,R audio cables from the LC5. These cables were for my cable box-which doesn't have s-video out. They turned out to be a mixed blessing. The video cable does seem to have more resolution than the monster video cable it replaced, although the increased resolution seems to reveal more of the inherent flaws in my digital cable. I can see more of the macro-blocking in some of the scene transitions. Picture looks sharper, maybe that is why I see more of the problems with the source material. I haven't noticed a lot of difference with the audio cables, but it is nice to have cables that are the "correct length" without a lot of extra wire dangling behind the reciever.