What's new

made my first home theater purchase today , how did i do? (1 Viewer)

Chriss M

Second Unit
Hello everyone
After reading just about every thread in this forum :) i finally went out today to listen to some receivers and speakers to replace the Panasonic HT-in-a-box setup i've been using. I had been looking at the Denon 2802, Yamaha 5490, and the Kenwood 510, but when i got to the store they had one last Denon 3801 that they wanted to get rid of. I ended up getting the 3801, a set of Paradigm Monitor 3's, and 30ft of 12ga. speaker wire for $1000 out-the-door w/tax. Seemed like a pretty good deal especially being that it is a local authorized dealer so everything has the manufacturers warranty unlike some online shops.
I also have a JBL Northridge center channel, which i think i'll keep for now, and im still using the panasonic satellites as surrounds. Just need to add a powered sub, and i think i'll try to get someone to buy me one for Christmas since this is starting to get expensive :D
So what do you all think? Did i do ok with my purchases? I think new rears should be next on the list, but they have to pretty small since space is really limited (the whole room is no bigger than 14 x 12). Well I'd love to hear any comments or advice you guys might have, thanks! :emoji_thumbsup:

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Pretty sweet deal...
When the time comes, then you could pick up a pair of monitor 90p's (salvation!) for the mains, monitor 3,5, or 7's for the rears, an SVS sub, and move the monitor 3's to the surround backs. Then you could get rid of the 3801, and pick up the 5800, then get rid of all your speakers, and get 7 dunlavy SCV's & 3 more SVS subs, and then you could add 7 monblock amps to your brand new meridian 568 surround processor that you bought after you sold back your 5800...
just don't get carried away! ;)

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
You did very good!!!! Now, you need to match your center and you rears. Go with Paradigm of course, and then have someone buy you a SVS subPC for X-mas and your set for awhile

Chriss M

Second Unit
yeah i can already see how addictive it can be :D Fortunately for me i physically cannot fit any more equipment in the room so i think that is helping me to not get carried way :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Chriss,

Welcom to the HT Forum. Yes, this is definitely the place to find the information you need before making HT purchases. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks