Made: A Nice Transfer From Artisan

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    This was a great little film as well, but I'm amazed that a small studio puts some bigger ones to shame with their transfer. The picture is sharp and clear and Black level is dead on. Worth a Rental take a look. Vince Vaughn was a hoot.

2. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

I picked this one up but with finals looming I hope to have time to screen it during the next week here...man that's depressing.
    Good to hear about the transfer tho...and vaughn is always a hoot[​IMG]

3. Kyle Milligan

Kyle Milligan Stunt Coordinator

It turns out the press release information on this one was quite off the mark (details wise).
    Here's the lowdown from brudder Mike on Made, Special Edition
    I never saw this film, and heard mixed reviews on it. I'll still have to check it out at some point, and it's a quality DVD too.

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    I thought the DVD had a great transfer and decent sound(because there isn't that much to go around) Plus I watched the first few minutes of the "ACTION COMMENTARY" and it was pretty neat.

P.S. Glad that 'Ralphie'(A Chistmas Story) is on the commentary too!

5. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Glad you thought it was a great transfer - I thought it was less than good. The edge enhancement was very distracting (halos on halos). [​IMG]
    But the film itself was great. [​IMG]

6. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Supporting Actor

I enjoyed it but I'm glad I rented it (I came close to buying).

I can't stand films that make you feel so uncomfortable.

Anyway, a question...

When they are in the hotel with the Soprano chick, why does the other girl freak out and run out (w/ Vaughn in the tub).

I couldn't hear the audio and since I rented it, didn't hear the commentary.

Thanks,

Doug

7. Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley Stunt Coordinator

The girl in the bathroom (Jennifer Esposito, uncredited) apparently was reminded too much of her ex-boyfriend, with whom she used to take baths all the time, so she took off. According to the commentary, this was intended by Favreau as a sly twist on the events of Swingers, in which Vaughn's character always got the ladies while Favreau's character was generally derailed by his ex-girlfriend issues.

You can't beat a movie which features Screech
    in one of the all-time most unexpected, funniest cameos in cinema.

8. Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V Supporting Actor

Tina
    Yes, I truly enjoyed this one when I saw it at the theater back in July...and again when I brought it home last night!!!! A fine film with good acting, some crazy funny moments, a fine picture and a fine soundtrack with some great, great music. I cannot wait to get deeper into the DVD, listen to the commentary, etc.
    Also, I was wondering: I had a question to ask on this one. Does anyone here know what the same of the David Clayton-Thomas-sounding song was as played durign the theatrical trailer? It was rocking and fit the movie's profile very, very well. I sure would like to know: I would like to go for a copy of this song someday. Thanks to anyone who could help me with that info here at HTF!!!! [​IMG]