Madden X-box slowdown?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew P, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Andrew P

Andrew P Second Unit

Has anyone else noticed slowdown when passing using almost any camera view espcially when close to the endzone at the bottom of the screen?

I am very disappointed in this because I feel the Gamecube version plays better (doesnt look better even with the component cable) and now I might have to keep Gamecube for this one game.

Andy

2. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

I own Madden for Gamecube and I've noticed the slowdown when you are on offense deep in your own territory with the endzone behind you. This isn't the fault of the Xbox or Gamecube, it's EA's fault for RUSHING their products out the door and not giving them sufficient QA time. [​IMG]

3. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Guys,

Although I haven't had a chance to sit down with the XBOX version, I've experienced slowdown on both the PS2 and Cube versions. I originally thought I had narrowed the problem down to playing in widesreen mode with the widscreen camera option. I could never get the problem to repeat in any other mode, however, I could be on the wrong path here. What screen mode and camera angles are you guys using?

Gary

4. Andrew P

Andrew P Second Unit

In the PS2 version there is slowdown on just about every camera angle if you are close enough to the endzone at the bottom of the screen and when there is bad weather. I havent noticed any slowdown in the gamecube version except for widescreen mode.

The X-box seems to slow down in all views. It is not major, but when you drop back to pass sometimes the screen hiccups and it is enough to make me miss a pass. I do not understand why this happens? I just wish they turned down some of the graphical effects so that we could play a smooth game of football all the time in any view.

Andy

5. RobP

RobP Stunt Coordinator

I'e played Madden for the cube a lot lately. I noticed whenever I am punting out of my endzone, which seems to be too often, there is slowdown about 90% of the time. Other than that the game runs without a hiccup. Is this slowdown do to Gamecube hardware limitaions or is this a fault of the ported ps2 ver?

Rob

6. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

The PC version is fairly taxing on a low-end system. I have an Athlon 850 w/ GeForce Pro 64MB card and I can't run it at full 1024x768 without slowdown if all the effects are on. At 800x600 I still have to turn shadows to simple (rather than real time which stretch out behind the players depending on time of day). That seems to make a huge difference. I can have every other effect turned on, field & uniform wear, highest player detail, etc. but if shadows are on = slowdown.

Are there realtime shadows on the PS2/GCN/XBox versions? That may be one of the culprits.