What's new

Madden for the Wii (1 Viewer)

Zing

Agent
Real Name
Todd
Planning on buying this soon and wanted to get everyone's thoughts who have played it.

Should I get the old style controllers or just stick w/ the Wii remote and nunchuck.

Any advantages or disadvantages either way ?

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
I've had people that don't like playing football video games because there are too many buttons to worry about say they love playing wii madden. I think things come naturally while playing. For example when I first got the game I started it up without reading the instructions, time came when the other player punted the ball and it was obvious I wasn't getting a chance to return the ball. I had no idea how to fair catch but I knew that the real signal for a fair catch was a wave, so I waved the wiimote and sure enough the fair catch was on.

With basic knowledge of the real game learning wii madden should be easy and fun.

Zing

Agent
Real Name
Todd
My son plays Madden at the neighbor's on a Playstation. He wants the hand held controller like the playstation controller.

I am trying to convince him to try the regular Wii remote before buying the old style controller.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
I don't know if I could return to a traditional remote for modern games. I love the relative freedom and flexibility of having each side of the wiimote be separate. Its much better than sitting there with each hand 3 inches apart holding a controller.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
We just got our Wii during Christmas.

We're really impressed with the "playability factor" of the games we've been exposed to so far; but the graphics are a little below our expectations. (And we already knew going in that the graphics would not be as good as a PSIII/xbox 360.)

So ... How are the graphics for Madden on the Wii? Do they hold up fairly well vs the other contemporary consoles?

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor

Sadly no, I am playing it on a 52" 1080P set using the component cables so I know I am getting the best possible picture. But it does not look as good as the 360 version I have seen. For me a madden game is more about gameplay though.

I know the wii can output some stunning graphics as Mario Galaxy looks amazing.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The Wii is much less powerful than the 360 or the PS3. The polygon count, physics, and screen/texture resolution all pale in comparison to the other consoles. Even graphically rich games like Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 suffer from bad jaggies at times. This isn't to say those games don't look good -- they both look great otherwise.

The Wii has some great games, but its virtue is the controller, not graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks