What's new

Madden Defense Help (1 Viewer)

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
OK people,
I am caving in and asking for help. My defense in Madden Online is piss-poor at best. My special teams ain't much better.Anybody have any tips they can give me? I am especially weak against the run. I always play as the Bills and no I will not change. It shouldn't matter that much should it?
Anyway, any defensive secrets someone wants to give away will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

dan

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Dan, what defensive set are you using? I don't want to insult your football intelligence, but if you are using a nickel or dime defense that may be why other teams can run on you. I play 2K3 more than Madden, but the same principles apply--to stop the run I pick a 4-3 defense (or even goal-line if it's 3rd and 1 and I'm sure a run is coming), and I control my middle linebacker. When the ball is snapped, I watch the running back very closely to see which hole he is going to run through, then I try to plug that hole with the linebacker. 2K3 has an annoying habit of the runners bouncing out of tackles, but between the 4 lineman in the 4-3 set, plus my linebacker, I am usually able to stop runs up the middle.

The specific play I like to call to stuff the run is a Strong Fire out of the 4-3, which blitzes the OLB on the strong side. Most sweeps are run to the strong side, and that blitzing LB has hit the runner in the backfield many times, stopping him for a loss. One of my favorite defenses against the run, but it's vulnerable to a passing attack over the middle, so I don't use it every down, and if it looks like a pass play, I definitely don't blitz with either of the other two linebackers!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
As Dave said, give us a little info on the type of plays you call, esp on situational downs. Like are you still in 4-3 on 3rd and 20 (an obvious passing down)? Do you call a lot of blitzes, cover, man-to-man? What are you trying to achieve? And HOW are you getting beat, is the CPU running all over you or passing all the time? Then we might be able to help...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks