1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Madden 2004 coming real soon now

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MikeAlletto, Jul 28, 2003.

1. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

So I've got a PS2 and a Gamecube...I'm torn as to which version of madden to get. The PS2 version supports online play and the gamecube version supports GBA connection. I don't have a PS2 online adaptor, but I have a GBA (but no GBA connector cable). So I think it just boils down to graphics and smoothness of gameplay. I have yet to find anything online comparing the versions, anyone have any advanced info?

2. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    I like the GC controller better than the PS2 controller for sports games... it just seems more intuative to me. Madden 2003 for the GC was a great game, and based on NCAA 2004, I would say Madden will follow suit. That's my humble and useless rec.

3. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

If a network adaptor is anywhere in your future, I think the answer is clear. Madden is a lot of fun online.

Sean

edit: And the PS2 graphics have always been quite good.

4. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

I'd say get the PS2 version for the following reasons:

- It's online, with downloable rosters.
    - You most likely have to have a completely free memory card 251 to save the franchise and ea bio
    - IMO EA sports games are designed to work with the PS2 controller.
    - Some sports games on GC have stat tracking shortcomings/graphical blurriness.