Madden 2002 or EA NCAA Football for PS2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Jun 25, 2002.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Just wondering which is more fun when all is said and done. Which is the better game? I haven't seen either so I'm counting on all you experts.

2. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

They're both pretty much using the same exact engine, so go with whatever you like best--pro or college football. I don't think you could go wrong with either one--they're both very solid football games. I prefer college, myself, so I went with NCAA last year, and have played the absolute shit out of that game. Probably 200 hours, at least.

And for what its worth, if you can hold off for a little bit longer, wait for the new 2003 versions of NCAA Football and Madden NFL. NCAA is due just about a month from now (July 23-27), and Madden is due sometime in the middle of August, about two months.

Haven't kept up with any news on the new Madden, but I've read all of the very few tidbits I could find on NCAA, and it should be much better than 2002--a game that hardly had any problems to begin with. Although, the new one will contain a Create-A-Team option, which should be neat, and will have more stadiums and fight songs, and will include cheerleaders for the first time (last year's version only had a few mascots).

-mwb-

3. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

For my money, I'd hold off a bit and check of NCAA 2003 and NCAA Football 2k3 from Sega. If you want one now, I'd go with NCAA 2002. The college game is much more fun IMHO and this game truly recreates the atmosphere that makes college football so awesome and unique.

4. Marque D

Marque D Stunt Coordinator

I am going to have to go with NCAA Football. (The 2003 version comes out on the 22nd of July) Just because of the nature of college football I think it makes the game more fun especially when playing with some one else. Were this game stands out is the off-season Dynasty Mode. This was the first "Franchise Mode" that I've really even liked. It's not overly complicated and a lot of fun.

5. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I prefer the college game myself. As a matter of fact, I just pre-ordered NCAA 2k3 from Electronics Botique and they offer free 2-day shipping.

I'll be interested to see what Sega offers this year and how it compares to EA's yearly offering.

6. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

yeah defintely wait a month and get 2003, it's out in a month

7. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

NCAA Football
    - what's the big difference? The option!!! [​IMG]

8. John Bryant

John Bryant Second Unit

NCAA Football 2003 Xbox and NFL2k3 Xbox. It's the only combo in town! [​IMG]