MadCatz Ultra AV Pack?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Matthew Perry, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Matthew Perry

Matthew Perry Stunt Coordinator

Hey

I just picked up the MadCatz Ultra AV Kit at lunch over at Futureshop, I was tossing it up between the Monster set (which they didn't have in stock) and this one so that I can get both HDTV and Optical output for 5.1.

This is it:

[​IMG]

Is anyone else running this set? I would like to hear other opinions on it, it can always be returned however it looks 1000x better than the cheap Microsoft Advanced AV Pack that was there.

Thanks a lot

2. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

I had one of these a while back, back when the XBox was first released. Unbeknowst to me at the time, there was a problem with these units not passing on the 5.1 sound to your receiver. I went through a couple before giving up on the whole XBox experiment. As soon as the XBox went down in price (the first time) I bought it again, but this time overlooked the MadCatz Ultra and bought the Microsoft unit, once bitten, twice shy as they say. Hopefully, the MadCatz unit you bought is (should be) one of the working ones. Comparitively speaking for what you get in the MadCatz Ultra Kit as compared to the Microsoft Pack, the MadCatz is a bargain! Enjoy! [​IMG]

3. Matthew Perry

I actually heard that the picture quality wasn't great from someone else with it. I am going to hook it up tonight and let you know how it works out. Hopefully will work out fine. (fingers crossed).

4. ZoranM

ZoranM Stunt Coordinator

I had the Microsoft advanced pack without components (svideo, composite, and optical) and was extremely happy with it. Than I bought my projector and I used it on that and was still very happy, then I bought the Madcatz pack you have with the component outs, and all I can say is it made a very happy man even happier. It was a definetly better then what I was using before. Congrats on the buy

cheers,

Zed

5. Matthew Perry

ZoranM

I think I have to agree with you after setting it up last night. All I could say was WOW!

Thanks guy's!