Madagascar extras: What happened to Sacha Baon Cohen?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by WarrenBD, Nov 20, 2005.

1. WarrenBD

WarrenBD Auditioning

Warren
    Just bought the "Madagascar" widescreen release and my favorite character - by far - was "King Julian the 13th," as voiced by Sacha Baron Cohen (aka known to American audiences as "Ali G"). His rendition of "Move It, Move It" is a complete hoot. He stole the film, IMHO.

He was a major supporting character and there are numerous references to his contributions throughout the Special Features, but during the "Meet The Cast" piece, he's skipped over with only a brief mention by Eric Darnell... no interview, no footage of him during dubbing, nothing. Which seems bizarre as every reference to him that IS made is an extremely positive one (see "Production Notes," for example).

Does anyone know what happened regarding this omission? Did he piss someone off?

Thanks in advance...

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Same thing crossed my mind also as I was wathing Meet the Cast. His role was great and deserved a big interview like the others.

3. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Supporting Actor

I would guess he is extremely busy right now or he just doesn't do them or they didn't pay him (i.e. the lack of Incredibles voice talent on the DVD)

I'm pretty sure he is knee deep in either the Borat movie or Ali G 3rd season.

4. Jake Yenor

Jake Yenor Stunt Coordinator

He isn't doing a third season of his show. [​IMG] However he is filming a movie with Will Ferrel right now and is doing a Borat film after that.

5. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Supporting Actor

He did a stunt recently as Borat, where he crashed Pamela Andersen dog's wedding (yep, dog wedding).

I'm assuming he was filming that for the 3rd Season. I think that it is still up in the air.

6. Daniel-M

Daniel-M Second Unit

borat recently hosted MTV's European Music Awards. The guy was hilarious

7. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Does Cohen do any/many interviews as himself? He seems like the kind of guy who prefers to appear as characters - that was my theory for why he doesn't appear on the DVD's extras...

8. ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum Second Unit

He was a guest on The Daily Show once and did a full interview as himeself.