MAD WORLD long version VCR alert

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jo_C, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

Oct 20, 2001

Tonight on TCM will be one of your final opportunities to record the 188-min. expanded LaserDisc version of "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" in its true aspect ratio of 2.55:1.

Record this on tape or VideoCD while you can because next time you'll probably end up seeing the General Release version now out on DVD, or wait until a proper and true restoration is released by Robert Harris and United Artists.

By the way, I got another look at HTF's article on the possible restoration and reconstruction of "Mad World" just now, and looks like Bob Harris is putting a lot of effort into getting this "Humpty Dumpty" back together again before all the footage turns to spit.

While I agree with Mr. Harris that the current "long version" that's out now is not truly representative of Stanley Kramer's original Cinerama release version, it would be nice to at least have a VideoCD recording of it so we can compare to the DVD version and the possible restoration that's coming.

Anyway, "Mad World" will be on at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific on Turner Classic Movies tonight.
  2. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

Jan 16, 2001
    I am going to definitly record this on my dmr-e20.

-- Matt