What's new

Mad TV season 1!! (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Robert:

Alex Borstein joined the show 1997 season, basically the 3rd season. Miss Swan appeared shortly afterwards. But if Swan is who you like, then rest assured, Alex was on the show for about 5 years and according to her site, AlexBorstein.com there may be a movie.

Ryan

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

Oh no, I hope they don't become like SNL, churning out crummy movies of their sketches. The Wayne's World films were good, but everything else was not. I don't want to see trailers for Stewie The Movie or a movie starring Bunifa Latifa Halifa Sharifa Jackson :D

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Ladies Man, awesome. Superstar, pretty good. Night at the Roxbury, CLASSIC. :)

Ryan

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Coneheads. Stuart Saves His Family. It's Pat.

Yeah, Mad TV should not go there...

Well, if you MUST have a Coneheads movie, then perhaps this one will do:

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm looking forward to S.2 for the episode where they do the parody of Bewitched called Be-B*&^%ed:) It's so funny! And they did a pretty good job of recreating the Bewitched sets.

Most of all I'm looking forward to the Stuart sketches.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Mad TV: Season 1 is on my wishlist to purchase in the near future. Mad TV is one of the funniest comedy shows. It will be great when i pick up season 1 cause I will be able to see the Forrest Gump skit called Gump Fiction which was a very funny skit. I haven't seen this skit since 1995.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Thank you for the notice, HTF members! All of you rock!!

I have been hoping that this one would come out on DVD! I lost most of the videotapes I recorded these on because my VCR got pretty senile from old age, and then, of course, they wear out eventually anyway.

The sketches I am looking forward to, not necessarily in any particular order, and this list is incomplete by a long shot:

1. That's My White Mama
2. Apollo The 13th: Jason Takes NASA
3. Terms Of Imprisonment
4. Cabana Chat [Pool Boy! Pool Boy! Pool Boy!]
5. Sex Toy Story

RyanAn

Screenwriter

The sad thing is, I love all of those movies. Akroyd, Franken, and Sweeny are all incredibly funny...

Ryan

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
I've just finished watching the boxset and it was great.

The video quality is fantastic, the bonus episode, deleted sketches and the blooper real were great additions and even the menus were done very well.

I forgot how funny this show was in the early days.

Especially Nicole Sullivan (now on The King of Queens) needs to get her own show.

Any news on the second season?

They included a trailer for it on the set but didn't give a date.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if this set has the Spishack(sp?) Ovens for Kids commercial? "Has this ever happened to you?" I love that one.

Also Kenny Rogers Jackass is great. And obviously any Bunny Swan, Stuart, or the fat guy played by Michael McDonald (forgot his name) who always says "Come on".

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Michael McDonald (who recently again played Stuart when former regular Mo Collins guest starred) didn't join the series until the 4th season in 1998. Although he's still on the show after 7 years, I read that Mike is now playing Kirstie Alley's agent in her new Showtime sitcom Fat Actress. Alex Borstein (who was Miss Swan) didn't join MAD TV until the 3rd season.

McDonald still sometimes does the Spishak spokeman and that fat, old Jewish guy named Marvin.

This February, FOX had a MAD TV 10th anniversary month. Several cast members including original cast members who left: Nicole Sullivan, Debra Wilson, and The Howard Stern Show regular Artie Lange all turned up in sketches working with the current cast. Lange actually was fired from MAD TV in 1997 following a cocaine addiction and successful rehab. Nicole and Debra had appeared on the 200th episode a few years ago (which was the "bonus" episode on the 1st season set) and both ladies occasionally returned several times since. From the middle years, Will Sasso left the show and came back for a couple of shows including one this season. He's the guy who played Kenny Rogers and Bill Clinton.

In one of the recent shows Susan Sarandon made her second MAD TV guest appearance, again playing up her sexiness.

MAD TV isn't really any better or worse now than it was when it started -- just different. You can always catch the reruns not yet on DVD on Comedy Central.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Where's Season 2? I want more Vancome Lady!!!! And I can't wait for the future seasons with Swan, Stuart, Lorraine, Bunifa, Marvin Tikvah and more!!

Jeff#

Screenwriter
That reminds me -- MAD TV regular Mo Collins did what appeared to be full frontal nudity on more than one occasion, such as in several Lorraine sketches (including one this season when she returned for an episode in which Lorraine goes bowling). At the end of some of those Lorraine eventually takes off all her clothes. Another time was when she played the mom in a fake commercial bit parodying Gilmore Girls. In it, Mo gets out of her bubble bath and makes angels on the bathroom floor alongside her clothed daughter! :D On FOX the private parts are always blurred out. Was she really naked or just wearing body suits - in which case the FOX censors were teasing us?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
How many of these have you seen? The former cast members who recently returned to MAD TV, when FOX aired these last month for the show's 10th anniversary:

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Does anyone remember a 1st season episode with Joe Esterhaus as a guest? Or is that a different show entirely? I thought I saw an episode of madTV with him either in the 1st or 2nd season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks