What's new

Mad TV season 1!! (1 Viewer)

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
In the new Previews catalog they list Mad TV season 1.So it should be out in 2-3 months time.:-()

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
In the new Previews catalog they list Mad TV season 1.So it should be out in 2-3 months time.:-()

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Previews catalog?

Store preview or studio preview (Warner Brothers, I would imagine)?

This excites me greatly...ALL HAIL THE VANCOME LADY!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I need verification, though.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Previews catalog?

Store preview or studio preview (Warner Brothers, I would imagine)?

This excites me greatly...ALL HAIL THE VANCOME LADY!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I need verification, though.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The previews catalog he refers to is "Diamond Comics Previews". It's a wholesale catalog for comic book retailers to place their orders with that particular distributor.

They are quickly gaining a reputation for "correct releases, wrong street dates" where DVD releases are concerned. Read here and here for examples. I do not recommend that you consider this monthly publication a reliable source of TV-on-DVD release timeframes. They're not always dead-on with other info, either...they messed up the episode count for the first box set of Garfield & Friends...stating that it would be half the actual count!

So, with that in mind, here is exactly what Diamond Previews says about Mad TV (Credit to David Thornton of QKTheater.com for sending it to me):

So the only new pieces of info in there are the month, which I don't trust, and the list price. I decided that instead of posting news about a list price and a probably-wrong month, I'd wait for the actual word from Fox.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The previews catalog he refers to is "Diamond Comics Previews". It's a wholesale catalog for comic book retailers to place their orders with that particular distributor.

They are quickly gaining a reputation for "correct releases, wrong street dates" where DVD releases are concerned. Read here and here for examples. I do not recommend that you consider this monthly publication a reliable source of TV-on-DVD release timeframes. They're not always dead-on with other info, either...they messed up the episode count for the first box set of Garfield & Friends...stating that it would be half the actual count!

So, with that in mind, here is exactly what Diamond Previews says about Mad TV (Credit to David Thornton of QKTheater.com for sending it to me):

So the only new pieces of info in there are the month, which I don't trust, and the list price. I decided that instead of posting news about a list price and a probably-wrong month, I'd wait for the actual word from Fox.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Without a doubt, I will be snatching up the seasons. But I would much rather have Saturday Night Live.

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Without a doubt, I will be snatching up the seasons. But I would much rather have Saturday Night Live.

Ryan

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I may be alone, but I'd take MadTV over SNL almost any day of the week.. if just to get the claymation altered Christmas specials ;)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I may be alone, but I'd take MadTV over SNL almost any day of the week.. if just to get the claymation altered Christmas specials ;)

James T

Screenwriter
Which season had the Terminator 3: The Greatest Action Story Ever told? Was it season 1 or 2. I'm pretty sure it was really early. That was(and still is) my favourite MadTV skit ever created.

James T

Screenwriter
Which season had the Terminator 3: The Greatest Action Story Ever told? Was it season 1 or 2. I'm pretty sure it was really early. That was(and still is) my favourite MadTV skit ever created.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I am sorry to say friend, that the "Greatest Action Story Ever Told" was in season 2, not 1. But look on the bright side, if sales for season 1 are good, we should see season 2 quite soon afterwards.

Ryan

29. Episode #209

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I am sorry to say friend, that the "Greatest Action Story Ever Told" was in season 2, not 1. But look on the bright side, if sales for season 1 are good, we should see season 2 quite soon afterwards.

Ryan

29. Episode #209

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
When MadTV was actually good!

Yeah MadTV is better then SNL. Well it was better a few years back. Now they are the same, bland and boring.

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
When MadTV was actually good!

Yeah MadTV is better then SNL. Well it was better a few years back. Now they are the same, bland and boring.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
More details on the first season from tvshowsondvd.com. I can't wait to get this.

Mad TV becomes "Mad DVD" on September 21, as Warner Home Video releases The Complete First Season as a 3-disc set featuring 19 episodes of insanity. And check out this insane box art:

Kind of leaps off the shelf at you, doesn't it? And you see the list price there: $39.98 for 836 minutes of show. Plus you get over 2 hours of extras!

* Unaired Sketches
* Bloopers
* "Best Of" Parodies From The Show's Nine Years
* Milestone 200th Episode Featuring Cast Reunion

They are going all-out for this one, aren't they? This is a highly anticipated release, and it looks like Warner is delivering. The fans will go nuts waiting for this box set...but it's not a long wait, and the timing should coincide with the start of the 10th broadcast season.

Stay tuned, and if we come up with any more details to supplement this early info, we'll get back to you with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks