What's new

Mad Men: Season 7 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I guess it all depends on a person's age but I'm wondering if most viewers even know that Burger Chef was a real place. I know it was a real chain but it sounds like a fake name that's supposed to be Burger King without saying Burger King.

I loved the scene between Don and Peggy in her office since, probably like most people, I've had the same thoughts (about being alone or having done nothing) as both characters.

I had assumed that Joan knew that Bob was gay so when he proposed, I was taken aback.

Maybe it's just because the show is winding down but I've loved every episode they've done this year.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Burger Chef was our go-to fast food place when I was a kid. We didn't have a McDonald's nearby until I was in High School. Major nostalgia factor there for me. :)

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I think this episode will reward additional viewings. Solid, solid episode.
I agree. A lot of good stuff this week.
but I'm wondering if most viewers even know that Burger Chef was a real place
I don't know. I remember as a kid, but it faded away at some point.
I had assumed that Joan knew that Bob was gay so when he proposed, I was taken aback.
She did know.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I am so tired of my Sunday nights flying by in the blink of an eye. And only one more damn episode until we have to wait for an entire year for the ending.

It's good to see Don and Peggy being friends again. Loved, "Well, I start by abusing the people whose help I need...and then I take a nap." "Done."

Harry as a partner can't possibly be a good idea. He'd damn well better have a smaller stake than Joan.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
I am so tired of my Sunday nights flying by in the blink of an eye. And only one more damn episode until we have to wait for an entire year for the ending.
I'm living in denial and keep trying to tell myself that AMC is going to change their mind and run the second half of the season after The Walking Dead in October & November. Unfortunately, there's about no chance of them messing with their The Walking Dead/Talking Dead/The Walking Dead rerun Sunday night lineup so 2015, it is.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was a great episode. The whole season has been really solid.

I wonder if Chevy pulling out will increase pressure on Roger and the others to land Philip Morris and shove Don out.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The endgame: "Harris Draper Campbell Olson." (Or maybe "Draper Campbell Olson Crane.") They'll have a car (Buick?)...Burger Chef...and maybe one of the tobaccos to build upon.When Don was reading the paper from 1963 and Megan's hair was back to being short, I started wondering if it had all been a dream or something.Then I remembered that that particular newspaper was connecting those moments. Betty asked for divorce (was leaving Don) right when Kennedy was killed. And they had a similar shot of Betty on the plane.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
joshEH said:
The endgame: "Harris Draper Campbell Olson." (Or maybe "Draper Campbell Olson Crane.") They'll have a car (Buick?)...Burger Chef...and maybe one of the tobaccos to build upon.When Don was reading the paper from 1963 and Megan's hair was back to being short, I started wondering if it had all been a dream or something.Then I remembered that that particular newspaper was connecting those moments. Betty asked for divorce (was leaving Don) right when Kennedy was killed. And they had a similar shot of Betty on the plane.
Yeah, I think Megan is history.

This was the best episode of what has not been much of a half-season. I think there is only one episode left and we wait for a year? Ugh.

Still, this was a great episode and seeing Don and Peggy together was the best. They are tied together by fate and always give us the best episodes.

I would LOVE to see that trio break out on their own...but, will that really happen? Maybe Roger lands Buick and takes them away? I dunno...what I do know is that SCDP sucks.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
WOW!

That was a spectacular finale. Roger's brilliant maneuvering; Don and Peggy in harmony and sharing genuine bonds of friendly supportive sync; Don and Megan's mature split-up, with Don handling the piling up bad news with esteemed composure; Sally internalizing the advice of her father to shift her attention to the boy she could have a deeper conversation and positive outlook with, rather than the muscular hunk - something Betty would never fathom; Don with his best - and most sincere - pitch ever to Ted; and a double-great sendoff for Bert, who departed the world witnessing the peak of mankind's achievements, and then got to be the visual and musical embodiment of Don's deepening self-actualization.Brilliant, brilliant episode.

And LOL at Harry missing out on a partnership payout. At least his wife will leave him and not take half of that new money!

Can't believe we gotta wait another year for the last seven episodes...

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The last shot of the series will be Harry Crane, the man who could've been a millionaire overnight, covered in the blood of his co-workers, wearing a Happy New Year's hat. Douchebag. The ghosts of every cast member, past and present, do a song-and-dance number.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Am I the only one who got the tribute of the vacuum cleaner running during the moon landing?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks