What's new

Mad Men: Season 7 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Ah, I missed that somehow. I could have enjoyed this a few days ago!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this show took a Lynchian turn with the Ginsberg subplot.

At least it feels like Don got his balls back.

Betty, Betty, Betty, that's all I got.

Just a crazy episode in the last quarter of it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
For an episode that featured Betty, and didn't have a single scene with Roger, I guess it wasn't horrible, but man does Betty bring a show down. I even fast forward through most of her parts and she still manages to somehow bring the show down.

Maybe in the same vein of 'Garfield Minus Garfield', AMC can release a different version of the show every week, 'Mad Men Minus Betty'. And much like the cartoon, it would significantly improve it.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yet another night of great TV. Loved Ginsberg's meltdown. Megan is desperate to keep her relationship together -- so much so, that she pulls Don into something he isn't going to turn down, but doesn't want, either. Betty being an idiot. Don kicking all sorts of ass in the end. This episode flew by for me.

Totally geeked out when Waylon kicked in at the end. "Only Daddy That'll Walk The Line" was a perfect needle-drop outro.

(Does Don showing up at the meeting break the rules? Talking to a client with no script? Or did Don suddenly make himself integral in the eyes of Phillip Morris?)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also, they've been meticulously setting up Ginsberg snapping for two seasons. It's always been there, out in the open. His behavior has been "beyond quirky" for quite a while.

But it took the computers...

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
joshEH said:
Megan is desperate to keep her relationship together -- so much so, that she pulls Don into something he isn't going to turn down, but doesn't want, either.
See, I saw that as more of a "last hurrah". The episode seemed to make it pretty clear that they lead completely different lives now, that the relationship is beyond repair and Megan knows that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, when she goes for a cigarette after Don announces he's taking a shower (the morning after), and then takes it out of her mouth suddenly, because whatever void she had in her life just got a lot wider...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
Megan is desperate to keep her relationship together -- so much so, that she pulls Don into something he isn't going to turn down, but doesn't want, either.
Yeah and if a three way doesn't fix a troubled relationship, she should get pregnant. One of those two things will clear up all their problems.

Also, I gotta give the show credit for making a relatively obscure but awesome reference to long time Mad Magazine artist Mort Drucker.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And when Megan asks Don if he's coming back the next weekend, you can't help but get this feeling of ennui, as you watch a couple just going through the motions. Heading for some rocky turbulence, I suspect.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Could they make the 2001 references any more obvious?
smile.gif
Another thing I kept thinking was how short the dresses/skirts were back then.
wink.gif

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
joshEH said:
(Does Don showing up at the meeting break the rules? Talking to a client with no script? Or did Don suddenly make himself integral in the eyes of Phillip Morris?)
Does it count if they're not yet a client? The only thing that's going to really save Don is if the Philip Morris guys ask for him after that presentation. I take it the meeting ended after Don left if Lou and Jim were getting a cab at the same time as Don.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Sam Favate said:
Does it count if they're not yet a client? The only thing that's going to really save Don is if the Philip Morris guys ask for him after that presentation. I take it the meeting ended after Don left if Lou and Jim were getting a cab at the same time as Don.
He definitely broke the rules. But, I think everyone knows they are complete B.S. at this point. This was Don's swing. If it hits, he calls the shot - if Phillip Morris wants him, he can force Lou out or even start his own agency. He can do what he wants. And, if Jim and the others want the business (those guys are all money driven, so...yeah), they'll have to let Don make the call. And, Don could still screw them and leave to start fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks