What's new

Mad Max SE (1 Viewer)

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
Deep Discount DVD has Mad Max SE on pre-order for $14.39. Shipping on 1/4/02.
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
Gosh, I haven't seen that movie in years. I think I remember that the US release of the film had a bad dubbed sountrack. I guess it was assumed the audience wouldn't understand the Austrailian actors. Are the voices dubbed on the disc, or is my memory faulty?

JR

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What's hilarious is that, during the holidays, I saw two different local retailers pushing the old Image-released edition of the title, trying to clear out stock of this sub-par version before the SE hit on New Year's Day.

They were priced at $24.95 in both stores!! For what it's worth, one was a music store, one was a franchise store that sells both new and used CD's/DVD's/Videogames.

I also saw it at Borders for just $12.99, I think it was...a more reasonable price, whatever it was. It was just one copy, and shelved into Action without any fanfare. I thought about getting it, "just to have both editions". But, nah...the money was better spent on a book for my son!

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
The disc includes:

A New 5.1 Austrailian Mix

The Original Mono Austrailian Mix

Mono "American" Dub

Daniel L

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I also believe it will be the original version of the movie, not the re-edited (and dubbed) version released in the US.

Angela

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks