Mad Max SE Glitch?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd Stout, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I just popped in the Mad Max SE DVD that I picked up today and noticed a slight glitch. At about 5:00 minutes into the film, (right before the one cop says to the other, "I don't have to work with a blasphemer") there appears to be a few frames missing. I went through the scene a few times and it had the same "skip" to it every time.

Have any of you guys noticed this or is it just my copy? I may be nitpicking here but if it's just my copy, I'm going to exchange it.

Thanks.

2. Christina_V

Christina_V Guest

It's always been there. I just checked my copy since i bought it today as well,then checked my old Image edition & it was still there & always has been from when i saw it on video & tv! Don't worry about it.
    So what are peoples opinions on the Australian track?
    This is my first time ever being able to see it that way & i skimmed through parts & have mixed veiws on it. Some parts are ok,but some are just ?...Toe Cutter sounds like a girl,some of the other dialogue is'nt spoken clearly & audible or has the same ring as before like the Chief's hero's speech.
    I noticed a sound effect when the Knight Rider & gang goe to pick up Toe Cutters coffin,that was missing in the English dub.
    Still i think i prefer the dubbed track over the original. Theres just something about it,the sound effects are louder & have more punch & i'm used to that version.
    I'm sure i'll get flamed for that,but its' just my opinion.

3. Douglas Bailey

Douglas Bailey Second Unit

Douglas Bailey

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Just waiting for mine in the mail. I was annoyed with the English dub all the time. There were some funny sounding characters though, like the guy who is left behind and gets handcuffed to the car by Max. And the guy who fixes Max's flat "TYRE".

Nasal sounding voice...cause his nose is being pinched?

"Said they were headed north......maybe."

5. Anthony_H

Anthony_H Stunt Coordinator

Anthony
    I always liked Max's boss at headquarters... his voice in the dubbed version is the same actor who did the old MARVEL "book and records" and RACER X on SPEED RACER. I find it hard to concentrate on what he's saying...

6. Christina_V

Christina_V Guest

I'll give the Ausralian track a try next time i watch the film.....it may just take some getting used to?
    As for the sound effects...heres what i noticed while cheking out the starting chase last night.
    When Max is chaseing Toe Cutter..dubbed...you can clearly hear the sirens blaring loudly + the engines rumbling + TC's ramblings all in one garbled mesh & it has this weird feel to it + i always liked that way.....while the Australian mono everything was lower,more polished & you could'nt hear the sirens much & it's even more spread out on the 5.1 track.
    + i tryed out the scene where Max is waiting for TC to show up, you can hear the engine rumbling really loud in the dubbed track,while it's subdued in the others.

7. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Thanks for the response. That skip just looked odd to me. I had never noticed that before.

I have only watched about 10 minutes of the new DVD so far but I think I like the Australian soundtrack better.

When I first saw Mad Max as a kid about 20 years ago (whenever "The Z Channel" first aired it), it just did not sound right to me. Of course, after hearing Mel Gibson's real voice, I realized the movie had been dubbed.