89ecc816_vcaI7EH.jpeg

3124318a_IKuWmG2.jpeg

bd1d2bc0_LCEAsw9.jpeg

adc261f6_Zwp8DqY.jpeg

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
This continues to perch quite comfortably at the top of my 2015 (and my every future film ever) "can't wait to see" list.

I can't throw any more hyperbole at the trailers. I can't actually get any more excited. This thing looks, from the trailers, to be spectacular.

So shall it be.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I get the distinct sense that at least part of this movie's goal is to singlehandedly make up for every single lame, boringly safe, whitebread, milquetoast, blandly-middle-of-the-road, homogenized, family-friendly, limp-dick summer movie season of the last 15 years.

If the actual final movie is even one-tenth as bugfuck as this latest trailer, it'll overachieve on that goal by many, many, many orders of magnitude.

Not that I'm remotely complaining, mind you. It actually feels dead-on with that Patton Oswalt-bit about "[Not] jerking off for ten years, and then PAINTING THE GARAGE!! OH MY GOD, I'M SEEING DEAD KINGS!!! "

Seriously, this looks to be shaping up to be the big splashy summer action-movie of my wildest dreams come to life. I like fun. I love fun. Summer movies throughout the aughts to date have generally NOT been my idea of fun at all. They're typically more like having to babysit an irritating younger cousin.

This, though? This looks exactly like my idea of a good time. Textbook.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Brandon Conway said:
And the new final Full Trailer

:eek: :rock:

O.......M.......G!!!!

You know, I'm surprised no stunt people were killed making this movie because there is so much insane shit going on in every frame.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Brandon Conway said:
Think Geek does April Fools right with Power Wheels Desert Drifters

I wish these were real, and not ThinkGeek's April Fools-thing. These NEED to be real, and I need to buy these for my niece and nephew, dammit.

Quentin said:
Is that the bodybuilding saxophonist from Lost Boys??!!

Jesus wept!

Yep, that's Tim Cappello -- he appears in both Tina Turner music videos from Beyond Thunderdome ("One of the Living" and "We Don't Need Another Hero").

I have a feeling this movie will surprise people with how well it does, despite everything going against it. The word-of-mouth on the trailer is already out of control.

spshultz said:
O.......M.......G!!!!

You know, I'm surprised no stunt people were killed making this movie because there is so much insane shit going on in every frame.

This movie basically looks like one gigantic OSHA violation.

Someone on YouTube described this movie as looking like "The Fast and the Furious In Hell." Quite like that description. The Fast/Furious movies can only wish they were a tenth this cool.

Sometimes I think that those movies getting as popular as they've gotten in recent years is more a sign of how crushingly desperate we are for halfway-decent action movies that we'll even elevate the sequels to a watered-down, fifth-string Point Break ripoff from back in the same era of pop culture that gave Fred Durst a career.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I showed the trailer to my friend(to be honest I have never shared his taste for film-) and he said to me in the most serious tone "looks like a guy being chased through the desert for two hours, this looks good to you?"

My jaw dropped, and he then had the decency to say he is always up for going to see a movie even if it didn't look that good to him.

Don't hurt yourself with the enthusiasm buddy, guess who is going to see it opening day alone hopped up on a large soda(Mountain Dew) for the caffeine full effect? Me.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
"Looks like a guy being chased through the desert for two hours, this looks good to you?"

Haha... put another way: "Looks like a road-runner being chased through the desert by a coyote for 48 episodes, this looks good to you?"

YES YES YES

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I hope you all have been showing this trailer to your friends. The more, the better.

While this is a great trailer, they missed what should have been an obvious opportunity by not including, "From the director of BABE: PIG IN THE CITY and HAPPY FEET" in there.

Or, more specifically: "From the BADASS MOTHERFUCKER who gave you HAPPY FEET and BABE: PIG IN THE CITY"

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
joshEH said:
I wish these were real, and not ThinkGeek's April Fools-thing. These NEED to be real, and I need to buy these for my niece and nephew, dammit.

Yep, that's Tim Cappello -- he appears in both Tina Turner music videos from Beyond Thunderdome ("One of the Living" and "We Don't Need Another Hero").

I have a feeling this movie will surprise people with how well it does, despite everything going against it. The word-of-mouth on the trailer is already out of control.

This movie basically looks like one gigantic OSHA violation.

Someone on YouTube described this movie as looking like "The Fast and the Furious In Hell." Quite like that description. The Fast/Furious movies can only wish they were a tenth this cool.

Sometimes I think that those movies getting as popular as they've gotten in recent years is more a sign of how crushingly desperate we are for halfway-decent action movies that we'll even elevate the sequels to a watered-down, fifth-string Point Break ripoff from back in the same era of pop culture that gave Fred Durst a career.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/426279-tom-hardy-signed-for-three-more-mad-max-movies#/slide/1

an interview with Tom Hardy.

I agree about the fast and the stupid. they want both real and unbelievable action. its doesn't work for me. for mad max it does work because of the fantasy element setting of the story.

I am looking forward to mad max 4 this summer. the trailers are just insane.

hopefully bring back more adult action from the 80s/90s.

Jacob

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Yeah, the more and more I watch and see in the trailers.... I can't freaking wait to see this!!!!!!!!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I've seen enough already. Want to save the rest of my viewing experience for the theatre.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
2 New Taiwan TV spots.

Quite a bit of new footage here, talking about Max's past as an MFP officer, etc. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to watch any more of these, and then I give in, and watch them anyways.

I only have less than a month now to survive long enough to see what is sure to be the greatest movie of all time.

I wish this movie's release-date had balls, so I could kick them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks