Mad Max: Fury Road - Rarely Seen Documentary - "Going Mad: The Battle of Fury Road"

mlambro

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt Lambro
Hello! I'm trying to get the word out about a documentary I helped produce 3 years ago about the making of Mad Max: Fury Road. The documentary was supposed to be included on the black and white release but we didn't get clearance in time and the Blu-ray was released without our documentary, which was painful. They did release the doc in the iTunes extras but without any advertising it all but went unnoticed, which is why I'm posting this here for all of you fine folks. Just trying to get some eyes on it given all the hard work we put it. It's a 41 minute documentary with all new interviews with George Miller and the crew. We had access to all 3 years of production BTS footage and cut a really wild piece.

Please give it a look. You won't be sorry. Oh, and the AV Club wrote an article about us last week, which frankly, is what prompted me to act.

Here is a link to the article.

https://news.avclub.com/you-probably-havent-seen-this-awesome-mad-max-fury-roa-1843480074

Again, you can watch the documentary in the iTunes Extras section if you buy Mad Max: Fury Road on iTunes. Attached are some images that would help you find the doc in the iTunes Extras section!

Thank you!

Matt

Attachments

DaveF

Real Name
Dave
This is only available from the iTunes digital version of Mad Max? It’s not on the blu-ray or 4K disc?

Any chance this could get released as a standalone, like the Galaxy Quest and Star Wars docs that have come out on Netflix or Amazon?

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
This is only available from the iTunes digital version of Mad Max? It’s not on the blu-ray or 4K disc?

Any chance this could get released as a standalone, like the Galaxy Quest and Star Wars docs that have come out on Netflix or Amazon?
Yes, this is only available digitally and is not on either disc.

• Insightful
Reactions: DaveF

mlambro

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt Lambro
It was supposed to have been released on the black and white Blu-ray release, but for reasons I can't go into we didn't have clearance in time and the disc went out without us. It was heartbreaking. We really busted our asses going through mountains of on-set footage. Also, piecing the story together was complicated because George started thinking about it back in the '90's and there was just a lot of story behind the making. We also shot with George and the whole team the day of the Oscars...the doc finishes with them riding off to the show. It was pretty cool.

We've actually requested they release it independently but no word yet.

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
It was supposed to have been released on the black and white Blu-ray release, but for reasons I can't go into we didn't have clearance in time and the disc went out without us. It was heartbreaking. We really busted our asses going through mountains of on-set footage. Also, piecing the story together was complicated because George started thinking about it back in the '90's and there was just a lot of story behind the making. We also shot with George and the whole team the day of the Oscars...the doc finishes with them riding off to the show. It was pretty cool.

We've actually requested they release it independently but no word yet.
I watched it last week and loved it! Thank you! What a great surprise to have on my digital copy!!!

Reactions: mlambro

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Fantastic! Thank you! That makes my day.
I’m rewatching the film too. It’s such a great film. I remembered how it just stood out as being crazy Exciting and what going to the movies experience used to be. It didn’t feel like a studio film too. Loved it then and now.

DaveF

Real Name
Dave
Ah, I've got access to it! It shows up in MoviesAnywhere and iTunes, since I redeemed my blu-ray code back when I bought it a year or two ago! I thought I had to purchase another, new digital version of Mad Max Fury Road. But if you have Mad Max redeemed digitally and your accounts connected to Apple, you should have it!

Reactions: Osato

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Ah, I've got access to it! It shows up in MoviesAnywhere and iTunes, since I redeemed my blu-ray code back when I bought it a year or two ago! I thought I had to purchase another, new digital version of Mad Max Fury Road. But if you have Mad Max redeemed digitally and your accounts connected to Apple, you should have it!
yes! So cool that this is now available without having to purchase anything further.

ive mentioned it to several friends and I also posted an article about the new feature on social media too.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
Welp I still haven’t gotten around to FR, I imagine I should watch it before the doc?

Reactions: Osato

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freewheelinhippie