What's new

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
From what I’ve been reading in this forum I have reason to believe that the North American rights to the original film have reverted from MGM to WB, which means WB now fully owns all four films in the series, and which also explains why the supplements from the earlier releases are absent from this new collection.

If you have bought the previous Kino 4K release, you may already have a collector’s item in your hands. If not, seek this out before it is too late.
I don't think this is accurate. MGM inherited rights to Mad Max from its acquisition of Orion Pictures, the successor company to American International Pictures, the original North American distributor. However, MGM now has a physical media distribution relationship with WB, which replaced the previous agreement with TCFHE, and so negotiating for a box set such as this is simplified.

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
I don't think this is accurate. MGM inherited rights to Mad Max from its acquisition of Orion Pictures, the successor company to American International Pictures, the original North American distributor. However, MGM now has a physical media distribution relationship with WB, which replaced the previous agreement with TCFHE, and so negotiating for a box set such as this is simplified.
This just reminds me how much I wish WB had gotten it’s hands on MGM instead of Amazon.

Chris_C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I'm surprised (well maybe not) that there is not more said about this being recalled by the studio for apparently not including the Road Warrior's original stereo audio track as stated on the disk menu. I hope everyone believes what Bill Hunt wrote now:)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm surprised (well maybe not) that there is not more said about this being recalled by the studio for apparently not including the Road Warrior's original stereo audio track as stated on the disk menu. I hope everyone believes what Bill Hunt wrote now:)
I'm still awaiting word back from Warner regarding whether or not this has been recalled. Curious to see if Mad Max gets recalled since its missing Dolby Vision HDR.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Per Warner Bros.:

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has taken immediate steps to correct the unintentional audio file error on Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior and Mad Max Anthology 4K UHD products. The company has recalled all inventory currently in stores and the manufacturing of new discs has begun. Replacement discs will be made available for consumers who purchased the affected product. Due to concurrent supply chain delays, replacement product will become available in mid-January. For more information and to receive a replacement disc, please contact customer support at [email protected].

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Glad to hear they're embracing their error and arranging replacement, but what a massive waste of time, money, and raw materials that could have been avoided with a bit of QA/QC.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am wondering how long it will take to purge the defective sets and get corrected sets out? Looks like I will put it off awhile but I still want to pick this set up but after it is corrected.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I am wondering how long it will take to purge the defective sets and get corrected sets out? Looks like I will put it off awhile but I still want to pick this set up but after it is corrected.
It sounds like they've pulled all unsold inventory from retailers and will replace them all. So once it shows up at retail again, I'd think you should be safe.

This is different from the Universal/Psycho process where they made replacements available for those that wanted them but did not pull the bad discs from stores.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I’m really surprised for the positive review here for Beyond Thinderdome the worst of the original trilogy.

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
I’m really surprised for the positive review here for Beyond Thinderdome the worst of the original trilogy.
The third film (which I still think of as Slightly Cheesed-Off Max Beyond Thunderdome thanks to Barry Norman) is my least favourite of the four, too, but de gustibus non est disputandem; I wouldn't begrudge anyone else their liking of it.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The third film (which I still think of as Slightly Cheesed-Off Max Beyond Thunderdome thanks to Barry Norman) is my least favourite of the four, too, but de gustibus non est disputandem; I wouldn't begrudge anyone else their liking of it.

At least the 2 Tina songs are good! :D

I've not seen "Beyond Thunderdome"... since release weekend, I don't think. Never reviewed the DVD or BD.

"MM: BT" came out the same weekend as Live Aid. I woke up at like 7AM that Saturday - after working until 11PM the night before - and watched Live Aid all day... and then saw a midnight screening of "MM: BT" after my friends pestered me to go.

Oh, to have the energy of an 18-year-old again!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It looks like those replacement discs for The Road Warrior aka Mad Max 2 should begin shipping out in the next few days, and begin arriving in customers' hands next week.

If you have a Fed Ex Delivery Manager account, you should see a label creation notice from a company called "P3 Global Services WBCP" and "MAX WB" under the reference tag.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Replacement disc received, and was quite surprised!

EC731B5C-9DEF-41BD-9F4E-880815D9FEAE.jpeg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I want this set but I think I will hold off for awhile. I just want to buy the corrected set and not have to jump through the hoops to get the corrected discs after purchasing the set.

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
I want this set but I think I will hold off for awhile. I just want to buy the corrected set and not have to jump through the hoops to get the corrected discs after purchasing the set.
The corrected set has been out for awhile. You can check just with the barcode before unwrapping to make sure you got the correct one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks