What's new

Mad Max Anthology 4K replacement discs (1 Viewer)

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
I purchased the Mad Max Anthology in 4k, Nov. 17,2021 and emailed WHV about getting replacement discs for "Road Warrior" and "Beyond Thunderdome" since they messed up the audio
on the discs and got a reply on 12/22/2021 saying send a copy of the UPC or sales receipt. I sent them a picture of the UPC since I no longer had my sales receipt on 12/23/2021. They said the corrected discs would be sent out in February, 2022. As of this date, I haven't heard from whv.com after making several enquiries to them and I still haven't received the discs. I turned this over to my attorney state general's consumer's division in late February and evidently they haven't heard from Warner Home Video either. Has anybody received corrected discs, and who did they contact to get them?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
As far as I know, the discs have not been shipped yet. Please keep in mind that there is only one disc replication plant for all of North America, and the plant has been stretched beyond capacity since the pandemic began. I am sure the studio is trying to get them out as soon as possible, but the studio’s customer service has been extremely slow to respond to customers for the past year.

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
Thanks Todd for the information. It would be nice for them to reply since it has been almost two and a half months since I inquired when I might expect the discs. I'm hoping I will be in the queue when they do replace them.

GeoLee

Auditioning
After initially sending out 2 emails inquiring about replacement discs at the end of last year, WHV sent back a reply requesting a pic of the UPC and an estimate disc replacement which will be available in February. So far nothing, and I have tried to follow up with a total of 3 more emails asking for status but have not heard back from them.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
As per the Digital Bits, the new discs are being prepared now and should be shipping within a couple weeks.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I have not heard anything from them since late January, when they said the discs would be shipping in late February.

However, I came across a notification yesterday in my FedEx account, showing a label had been created for a shipment from "c/o P3 Global Services WBCP", Reference "MAXWB", with an anticipated ship date of today, and an estimated delivery date of 04/21/22.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have not heard anything from them since late January, when they said the discs would be shipping in late February.

However, I came across a notification yesterday in my FedEx account, showing a label had been created for a shipment from "c/o P3 Global Services WBCP", Reference "MAXWB", with an anticipated ship date of today, and an estimated delivery date of 04/21/22.
I am seeing the same thing in my Fed Ex account, so the replacement discs should be shipping any day now.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Received my replacement today.
5CB7EF36-7E99-4D94-A581-2F35F6EF7DF1.jpeg

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I've looked around the corners of the internet but my Google-fu seems to be failing me. Is there a way to tell if the set I purchased comes with the corrected discs? Sometime like Gladiator's yellow UPC or 2001's red UPC?

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
Received today.
The OLD UPC is 8 83929 68905 7.
The NEW UPC is 8 83929 78999 3.
I am sure the disc itself has a new identifier, but my vision is not good enough to obtain those numbers for you.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
After initially sending out 2 emails inquiring about replacement discs at the end of last year, WHV sent back a reply requesting a pic of the UPC and an estimate disc replacement which will be available in February. So far nothing, and I have tried to follow up with a total of 3 more emails asking for status but have not heard back from them.
Silence is not golden in this case...if they are running behind they need to just own up to it, and tell you, right?

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
Finally got my corrected copy, but I turned it over to my state attorney general, and they finally got an answer from
them, but I never did. At least they finally sent me the corrected copy. What a boondoggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks