What's new

Mad, Mad World Playing In New Jersey! (1 Viewer)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I just found out that It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World will be playing at the Loews Jersey Theater on April 6th. Let's hope this gets a big turn out, so MGM will be even more convinced that a restoration would be a good thing.
Neil

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like fun. Unfortunately a single showing (probably with an old scratchy 35mm print or even 70mm one) will not determine whether MGM/UA does a restoration. That lays on the able shoulders of Robert Harris. We at the forum should help in any way we can short of selling our cars, homes, chlidren (if you have any) and other worldy possessions. :)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
It will be a dye-transfer 35mm 'scope print, complete with overture and exit music. Condition will be very good. (don't ask me how I know :) )
Maybe I can talk to the people in charge of the shows at the Loew's and get a petition sign-up sheet or something for the film restoration to show MGM of the vast interest in this project.
Metro-area HTF'ers should show up - let's pack the house!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'll be there to support both the film It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and the wonderful Loews Jersey theater. Funny how both are getting a loving restoration.:b :emoji_thumbsup:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Scooter, it's in downtown Jersey City - at Journal Square. Plenty of parking behind the theater in a pay lot or on the street. It's less than 45 minutes from you (Budd Lake, right?)
www.loewsjersey.org

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks