Mad Catz Gamecube S-video cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Hi, everyone!

I was wondering if you guys thought upgrading from composite to S-video was worth the cost/effort for a 27 in. TV. Will I see a noticeable improvement? The only cable I could find was the Mad Catz one for all systems. Anyone have any experience with this particular cable? Thanks, guys!

Rob

2. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

i don't use S-video for the gamecube, but i can say that upgrading to S-video on my PS1, N64, and Dreamcast all made very noticable improvements on a 32 inch tv. things look crisper/sharper; image detail is better. lines stop smearing into each other.

and remember that an N64 S-video cable will work on your gamecube, so if you can find one that's labeled "for N64" then you can use it.

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

The switch from composite (whats in the box) to S-video was a huge difference on my 27" Sony trinitron. The colors were much better, not just in vividness, but also clarity and seperation. Text was also infinately more legible. If S-Video or Component is available to you, by all means, go for it.

I'm not sure what brand of S-video cable I bought. It's purple, the wires aren't very think, and it's got both S-video and composite connectors, as well as the audio of course. It works fine. It was probably about $15 at Toys R Us.