htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

YIPPEE!!!!! :)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
nice to see Sony decided to give it another go. I am not a MAY fan but I enjoyed it from time to time.

I think the main problem was that it came out at a time when TV-DVD was really a niche market. The shows coming out were either cult hits (X-Files, Buffy, Star Trek) or massive blockbusters (Friends, Sex And The City, The Simpsons...), Mad About You didn't really fit either mold and Sony didn't know what to do with it. Nice to see that Sony is finally realizing that the 2006 TV-DVD market is much different than it was in 2002, it stuck out like a sore thumb in four years ago's DVD market, but in an environment where more and more sitcoms have come out, MAY fits well

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I agree 100% with your assessment, Jay. So now I'm really curious how season 3 will sell. I'll certainly do my part, that's for sure. :)

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan
Great news!!!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Certainly not something I expected. Hopefully this becomes a trend across the industry now that the big blockbusters are out, and we finally get the rest of other shows such as Everwood, Law & Order and Dream On. The release of complete SNL seasons would also indicate studios are moving in a new direction. :emoji_thumbsup:

Will of course pre-order this as soon as it is available, nevermind that I went through so much trouble to obtain them through other means. ;)

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Perhaps this means that the "collection" sold decently. Or they are just giving the show one last shot. I had given up on it so I'm glad that at least one more season is coming. I think it's very common for more adult-oriented shows to not sell as well. Young people are a huge part of the DVD audience and apparantly not enough of them are buying shows like MAY & MTM. It doesn't help that there are so many old shows that aren't being shown in reruns so their profile is very low, especially among younger viewers who don't remember the shows from their first airings.

We are lucky to be getting Season 3 of this show. If it doesn't sell then my guess is that this show really will be dead in the water as far as further releases is concerned. So all of you who say you have been dying for this release had better make good on that and buy it. Because if it doesn't sell then you can't complain about there being no more future sets.

John Lloyd

Second Unit
I see that season three is available now. Has anyone reviewed it?
I went ahead and ordered it but I really hope the video quality has improved.

John Lloyd

Second Unit
I have watched the first two discs and the video quality is about the same as Season 2. I suppose that is not surprising. Fortunately the episodes are enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks