What's new

Mad About You Season 3 (1 Viewer)

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure that there's been nothing official said about this; but have there been any rumblings? I'd been hoping for an April release (shifting to an annual schedule, I hoped?), but that's appearing less and less likely.
I would really like to eventually see all 7 seasons of this stellar comedy on my shelf.
Any news is appreciated.
Thanks.

EDIT: I meant to put a question mark in my title. I'm sorry.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My advice:

Get your cereal box with that Season 6 episode on it, and be happy.

Now where's that Breath-holding smiley?...

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I seem to be in the minority as well...I was very much hoping to see Season 3 by now :frowning:

Joel

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I think David had the right idea, and that's really no shock.

I think its pretty safe to say that Mad About You is right next to Larry Sanders on Columbia's release plans which is to say not at all...although interestingly, on the trailors for some of their newer sets, like the 1 on What's Happening, Mad About You is featured...still trying to unload seasons 1 and 2 I think.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
When I see the relative rapidity with which Columbia/Tristar are releasing other TV shows (e.g. Dawson's Creek), I'm getting a real bad feeling about MAY Season 3. I absolutely love this show and hope that we'll get the other seasons eventually.

Chris

Michael_CPC

Agent
Season 1 is on my list of shows to buy. It would make me feel a lot better if they had two or three more waiting for me as well. :frowning:

John_Dee

Grip
I've been waiting desperately for season 3 but have heard that it is now forgotten and will not released, for now anyway, although other ideas are being thought of for it

Here's hopnig they change their mind

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, maybe as Columbia starts clearing out their catalog a bit they'll revisit this one, of course that could take awhile, since a show like Married with Children which I'm sure does well for them has 9 seasons to go, and another good selling set like King of Queens has 5 seasons to go and is still in production...but they're almost done with Sanford and Son.
I've wanted to pick up the first couple of seasons and the fact that 3 isn't out hasn't influenced me to do so as much as the fact that there are 11 episodes per disc on the season 1 release.

Buddy I

Agent
I bought MAY Seasons 1 & 2 the day they came out and absolutely love them!!! I've been waiting for six months now for news on Season 3. I figured once a company begins releasing shows in season sets, they'll finish the entire archive up, but I guess this isn't the case with MAY. If they add bonus features like behind the scenes stuff (what was on that cereal box disc wasn't my definition of behind the scenes footage), they would probably sell better. I'm really hoping for Seasons 3-7 to be released as well. My collection won't be complete with just two seasons of a TV show that went for seven.

Buddy

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

I have to agree. There must be a ton of interesting material available and I'm sure the proncipals can be talked into participating in some sort of retrospective or commentary.

This show deserves better. It had as good a following as many of the shows being completed...

Joel

Buddy I

Agent
Maybe Columbia isn't releasing the latter seasons due to Lifetime's syndication of the show. Lifetime (when it was on at 11 am EST) aired the same episodes or aired S1 & 2 episodes, so I wouldn't watch it that much. I bet people are getting "burnt out" on the show for this reason. I know many other syndicated shows are aired a lot and have been released, but perhaps Columbia thinks season sets of MAY won't sell. I'm really hoping for some news on it soon, but I'm not going to count on it!

Buddy

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Adding features won't necessarily help the show better, in fact it may cause it to do worse. See, if Columbia added features and still sold the same amount roughly as seasons 1 and 2 they'd lose more money because of the cost of the features. I suspect that what is true for Fox shows is true for Columbia in that all the seasons generally move the same ballpark number of copies, in other words there isn't a big inconsistancy between the sales figures for season 1 of mad about you and season 2. Assuming that this is true, then season 3 even with better features can't be guaranteed to sell more copies.

Plus, shows like Sanford and Son have no special features at all, and are doing extremely well.

Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
I have no idea how reliable this is but someone posted on a Paul Reiser group that they had "heard from Columbia/Tristar) that more MAY seasons should be
released at the end of this year but they had no dates as of yet". Like I said, don't know who they spoke to or when but this message was posted on 5 May.

Brooke

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I think just the fact that they used MAY in the cereal box promotion has to say something, right? Hmmm... :confused: :laugh:

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Actually, I would have thought that'd be a good sign. After all, why try to drum up support for something you never plan on releasing again?

Personally, I'd love to get up to at least the episodes titled "The Finale", I absolutely love that set. After the baby is born, not quite so interested (although I do like the episode with the daughter explaining why her life is so screwed up).

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
man, this show was a must-see-tv staple back some years. how is it not selling?

i'll continue patiently waiting...

Buddy I

Agent
I'm just assuming it's not selling by the way people have talked on here. I'm with you Kevin, it should be selling. It's a great show and has a large following.

Buddy

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator

NBC and Col/tri already burnt out the show by letting it go on 3 seasons too long. Consumers remember the show by the more recent bad episodes, instead of the clever, earlier ones. I see "Just Shoot Me" and "Drew Carey" suffering from the same fate, and to a lesser extent "Roseanne" and "Newsradio".

At least when a network cancels a show quickly, we're more likely to get the full run on DVD.

chris_clem

Second Unit
According to tvshowsondvd.com it's been exactly a year since season 2 was released (well, it'll be the 22nd in 3 hours here where i live anyway). Still no news on the third season?:frowning: I wonder if this show will EVER be released in it's entirety.....

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I am wondering about this also. I own Seasons 1 & 2 of Mad About You & I am wondering when Season 3 will come out. It's been a yr since Season 2 came out.

It breaks down to this:

Mad About You: Season 1 was released around October 22,2002.

Mad ABout You: Season 2 was released April 22, 2003.

It does seem like Columbia Tristar was no intention of releaseing the remaing seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks