What's new

Macs Still Have a Battery?!? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Apple is certainly boosting their billions replacing $5 batteries every ten years on outdated computers! I expect we'll see the "Battery Replacements" broken out of the "Services" section in the next quarter earnings call.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You do on a Quadra 660av. One symptom of a dead clock battery is that video won't work. You just get a dark screen. Most people find it hard to work without anything displayed on the screen.
If you are using a system that was discontinued almost 25 years ago as your main computer, you probably have more problems than a dead CMOS battery.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
If you are using a system that was discontinued almost 25 years ago as your main computer, you probably have more problems than a dead CMOS battery.
I know at least one person who would happily keep using his xp based pc till 6 of his friends are carrying him by the handles. There are a bunch of folks who don’t upgrade very often. 25 years is a long time, I’ll admit.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

Who said that I was using it as my main computer – or even using it at all?

The point is that on some computers, a dead CMOS battery can cause symptoms you can't ignore. Not unless you are prepared to "ignore" throwing away your computer and buying a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks