What's new

Mackintosh and T.J. on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
I had no idea this 1975 film was coming out until I happened to see it in the Blu-ray/4K UHD Pre-Order Listing! thread for a May 18, 2021 release. I'm so glad to see this becoming available. First Day Purchase for me!

81iyekG0c3L._SL1500_.jpg

GOOD NEWS! ROY ROGERS IS BACK!

In his triumphant final film role, Roy Rogers (Lights of Old Santa Fe) stars as Mackintosh, a migrant cowboy traveling across the West Texas plains in his rundown pickup truck. While looking for work breaking horses, Mackintosh befriends T.J. (future ProRodeo Hall of Famer Clay O'Brien), a runaway teen. The two form an unlikely bond and find jobs together at a cattle ranch where Mackintosh impresses the owner with his bronco-taming skills. Trouble, however, is on the horizon, but Mackintosh proves himself as a man who is not afraid to take a stand.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Audio Commentary with Clay O'Brien, Andrew Robinson and moderator C. Courtney Joyner
  • Lone Pine Cast Reunion with Clay O'Brien, Andrew Robinson and Larry Mahan
  • Interview with Billy Green Bush
  • Original On-Set Footage
  • Theatrical Trailer

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Sweet film, which should not have needed restoration. I doubt ten prints were struck.

Rodney

Premium
Watched this tonight. Wasn't sure what to expect from this, but I really enjoyed it. The blu-ray looked great. Biggest surprise was hearing Waylon Jennings on the soundtrack. Wonderful stuff!

Wish the soundtrack was available on CD, I haven't had an 8-track player in a long while.

ZWcuanBn

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snaves