What's new

Mack Bolan - The Executioner (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Are there any other fans of the original Don Pendelton series of books? I read all of them during college, and really enjoyed Mack's fight against the mafia.

Too bad they can't seem to come up with the ability to make a movie of the Executioner. Apparently, Vin Diesel was approached, but passed on it (thank God!).

Who would make a good Mack Bolan? I think my vote would be Clive Owen.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
While it's been years since I read the series, I really enjoyed them. Every book was like an action movie.

I think he first started his was against the Mafia and then moved on to terrorists. I was surprsied how he was led to start his war. Instead of somebody killing his family, it was his father who went nuts and shot everybody, if memory serves.

I think Burt Reynold was approached years ago! I didn't know they were still considering a movie. It's about time. I could almost see George Clooney in the role but he might be a little too old already. Maybe Hugh Jackman.

Mack Bolan always had the Beretta 93r and the 44 automag. He was always too cool.

Matt

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
They had a 4 issue comic out some years back. Unfortunately only the first three issues saw print. I think the closest we are going to get will be the Punisher movie. Stan Lee had been accused of ripping of Pendleton many times in the past. I read all the books up until the 220's. Includes Stoney Man, Phoenix and Able. The first 37 Bolan books were the best.

[url=http://members.aol.com/nightdog35/spidey_smiley.gif] [/url]

Duane R

Second Unit
Did any of you read his "Joe Copp" books? IIRC, he wrote those after the Executioner books. That was a good series too.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Apparently, Burt Reynolds bought the rights to make the Executioner films, but it never panned out. When they offered it to Vin Diesel (shudder) they had trouble with the film rights.

And yes, if I remember right, the mafia had their claws into Mack's father on a loan. When they kept pressuring him, he finally snapped, killing himself, his wife, and one child. However, one of his daughters, Mack's sister, survived.

Ahh yes, the 44 auto mag. "Big Thunder".

I always liked it when he became the Ace of Spades, would walk into a mafia location, convince them he was a high ranking mafioso, and then tear them apart from the inside, getting them to kill each other.

I never got into any of the books after Pendelton quit writing them. The cool thing about his books was that if he said that you can drive down I-70 twenty five miles past St. Louis, and you will see a barn, you can bet it was there. He did that kind of research. Very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks