Machined Table Saw Pulleys

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dustin B, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Got my dad a new fence for his table saw for his birthday. Now I've decided to get him the rest of the stuff needed to really tweak up his saw for Christmas. I was planning on getting him some machined pulleys, a segmented belt and a new miter gauge. As well as a few other maintanence items.

Everything with the exception of the machined pulleys has been easy to find.

The saw is a Rockwell/Beaver (think it's a model 34-050; 10" contractors saw with a 22" deep top). The pulleys are labelled with diameters of 4.5" and 2 5/16". The shaft holes are 5/8" and 1/2" respectively.

Anybody have any advice or sources for getting these machined pulleys?

2. Jeff Elliott

Jeff Elliott Stunt Coordinator

Don't know where to get the pulleys, but I upgraded my old delta contractor saw with just the segmented belt. Although I was told I needed the pulleys, I just put the belt on anyway and the results were outstanding. Three years later, the friend who bought the saw from me is still using it with great results.

Maybe you need the pulleys or maybe not? Either way, any son who tweaks his dad's table saw is alright in my book! [​IMG]

3. tim55

tim55 Extra

4. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

That link looks great, except they only have the smaller pulley size and I can't use any combination they do have available to maintain even remotely close to the same gear ratio.

5. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Rockwell = Delta, did you call their tollfree #?

Otherwise look HERE