What's new

macgyver dvds (1 Viewer)

billGR

Agent
hi everyone good evening i just got season 1 of macgyver on dvd a few days ago. its awesome. lots of extra footage in each episodes. when is season 2 of macgyver comeing out on dvd. thanks bill green fellow macgyver fan

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
This one's a series that I didn't see in it's original airing (I know...hard to believe
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
) I've been thinking of getting it on the "blind buy" (as the HTF'er say it so well :) ). I've only heard good feedback about this series and the star of the show, so...I'm on that "fence" for the moment. I've bought a couple of other 80's series on the "blind buy" and so far I've been batting 1000. Hmmm.....:p)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The best series of the 1980s was Wiseguy, and I too had known about it since it first aired, but didn't finally see for the first time unti it came out on DVD last year when I bought the first 3 sets.

Very good move on my part, since I love the show. Bad move from Studio Works not having the audio and ONLY Ken Wahl's commentary on two of the episodes of the 4th set that I'm not buying until they put out a replacement version first.

And yes, MacGyver was a cool show too. But it worked best primarily in the first season as an international spy action series. For the 6 years that followed it became increasingly "preachy" at times tacking sensitive issues stateside such as gun control, air pollution, and teenage prostitution.

Anderson's believable portrayal of Angus MacGyver continued to make the show worth watching, however.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I picked it up with no regrets. There are a few cheesy moments but the shows pretty entertaining.:D

Oh, and don't forget about the price - 24.99 during it's first week. That's just over a dollar per episode. Too bad other studios aren't more generous.

Too bad that most people are obviously only looking on the price and not on the quality. Otherwise Paramount would never be successful with its awful "Paramount Television" release series. You can see that they don't put any little bit of effort in it.

MacGyver is my most favourite TV show ever. But this set is just lousy. And I can't stand this "Oh, might not be soooo good quality, but the main thing is that it's cheap! Let's all buy it and thank Paramount soooo much!" habit... :frowning:

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I'm no expert on this series but wasn't MacGyver's first name a mystery until late in the show's run? I was looking at the back of the box earlier and it lists his entire name in the description. Maybe Paramount's market research shows that the majority of TV on DVD buyers aren't buying the DVD sets blind. It just seemed strange that the first season box set would give that away right on the back of the box.

billGR

Agent
hi everyone is season 2 of macgyver going to have more footage of murdoc,pete,penny,and jack dalton i hope season 2 of macgyver comes out dvd in the summer. thanks bill green fellow macgyver fan :) :)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So I never saw the series first run until VERY late in the series (around S6 or 7), but I caught all of the shows in repeats on USA. So I've only ever really seen the syndicated versions. . . .

So was the main theme ALWAYS that bad? Holy smokes - its like someone recorded as casio keyboard demo loop or something!

billGR

Agent
hi everyone does anyone know what the season 2 dvd cover of macgyver is going to look like. im just wondering bill green. also does anyone here have a new mailing autograph address of actor michael des barres murdoc. :)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The MacGyver theme wasn't that bad, Tony, and I liked it! A better orchestration was recorded after it had been on a few years, and I think you'll agree it's superior to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks