Mac Studio & Studio Display (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hold for wwdc.

Rumors are circulating that an upgraded STUDIO will be introduced next week.

A new article says Apple has opened trade-ins for the STUDIO for the first time.

I got this price for my current Studio from ITSWORTHMORE.COM

quote.png

That means, if I sell it at that price, I would only have to pay about $700 more for the same spec M2 Studio when announced, that is if pricing remains the same.

I am putting serious thought into this, but I really need to investigate just how much faster M2 is over M1.

And if they announce a space grey model I'll really be envious.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

A new article says Apple has opened trade-ins for the STUDIO for the first time.

View attachment 185430

That means, if I sell it at that price, I would only have to pay about $700 more for the same spec M2 Studio when announced, that is if pricing remains the same.

I am putting serious thought into this, but I really need to investigate just how much faster M2 is over M1.

You're saying Apple will (might) offer direct trade-ins themselves?

Robert Saccone

Premium

View attachment 185430

Impressive for sure. 96 GB vs 64GB max memoryI guess whether you will see the perf difference between the two is based on how cpu intensive your workload is.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
How long will they hold your quote as valid?

About 23 days. So long enough after next week's announcement to decide.

You're saying Apple will (might) offer direct trade-ins themselves?

Yes, there was an article on this yesterday which started my entire downward actions

However, Apple pays the minimal in trade-ins -and- rumors are still all over the place as to whether we will actually see a new Studio released next week.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Never heard of itsworthmore

Only interested in Studio if there is an HDR monitor launched with it.

I have used them several times. They usually offer more than competitors and I have always gotten paid what they quote.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I put in a quote for my 2021 pro for $1940. Over 50% value. If apple delivers I will upgrade otherwise I will hold on to it. I could probably get $2500 locally but it’s worth avoiding the hassle imo

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Btw Costco has the studio display for $1350.

My resolve is waning. I’m pretty sure when the reviews roll around I’m going to cave and go buy one in store next week if they have them for sale in tax free Delaware. I need a bigger monitor for photo editing and will probably buy the stupid studio display and replace it when they have a reasonably priced HDR display. Le sigh.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

My resolve is waning. I’m pretty sure when the reviews roll around I’m going to cave and go buy one in store next week if they have them for sale in tax free Delaware. I need a bigger monitor for photo editing and will probably buy the stupid studio display and replace it when they have a reasonably priced HDR display. Le sigh.

Sam,

I know this is a tough decision and I suppose buying a Studio Display (and assuming a Studio) will be based on how quickly you need it.

I know what I am about to say amounts to nothing, but I would *assume* the iMac will see a refresh this fall. I think Apple was putting its priorities on getting the Mac Pro out and completing its silicon transition.

The question is, will they finally create an M2 iMac Pro or simply put an M2 chip in their current iMac lineup?

Looking forward to seeing what you ultimately do, Sam. Good luck.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Why are new reviews of last year's display coming out? :confused:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Reviews of this years studio. I see how my post is confusing. Buy this years studio and last years studio display. The $2799 build is more than I need. Could I be tempted to the bigger GPU tho?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks