What's new

Mac Pro Movie Library Not Showing? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Apologies if this has been discussed. I just purchased my first Mac Pro and my movie purchase are not showing in the library. I own over 3000 films and many tv shows too.

Any help?

Thanks.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Where are you trying to view your library, and where did you purchase the titles in it?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I never use the computer to view stuff, but I just checked and if you open the AppleTV app and are logged into your account, anything you've purchased from iTunes should be under Library>Movies and Library>TV Shows.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I never use the computer to view stuff, but I just checked and if you open the AppleTV app and are logged into your account, anything you've purchased from iTunes should be under Library>Movies and Library>TV Shows.
I purchased the majority from iTunes and I’m trying to see them on my Mac Book Pro laptop.

And nothing shows in my library.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sorry to state the obvious, but the AppleTV app on your MacBook needs to be logged into the same account your media was purchased with.

If it is, you might try signing out of your account in the AppleTV app (Account>Sign Out). Then restart your computer and sign back in.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Sorry to state the obvious, but the AppleTV app on your MacBook needs to be logged into the same account your media was purchased with.

The same Apple ID account – not the same macOS (Unix) user account. Normally your Apple ID is one of your e-mail addresses.

Apple – Apple ID Support

Apple Support – Sign in with your Apple ID

Apple Support – View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services

Apple Support – If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guess my point is, it should be working. My library shows up on both my Mac Studio and my iPad, even though I never use those devices to stream media from my library.

I suggest at least trying logging out of your account in the AppleTV app, restart and then log back in.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Update

I literally just spent over two hours on the phone with Apple, spoke to 7 different people………..

And they couldn’t figure it out. It has to be escalated even further. I was so angry I had to hang up. Got a case number.

Inexcusable.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Update

I literally just spent over two hours on the phone with Apple, spoke to 7 different people………..

And they couldn’t figure it out. It has to be escalated even further. I was so angry I had to hang up. Got a case number.

Inexcusable.

Another possibility is that the purchases somehow got hidden.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253520560

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Another possibility is that the purchases somehow got hidden.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253520560

That's unlikely the case. Hidden items would be hidden across *all* Apple devices/apps for the account, not just his new Mac -- I'm sure Tino would've mentioned them being all gone from his other devices.

Also, near as I can tell, it would still likely take some bug or other Apple failure for an entire library to somehow become hidden whether just for 1 device or all of them. AFAIK, there's no likelihood of user error for this result other than if Tino simply used the wrong account or similar.

In the past, this seemed to have mysteriously happened to varying degrees (and remain largely unsolved) to some others on HTF, particularly including Crawdaddy, though not actually on Macs AFAIK.

This seems especially lame of Apple to happen w/ brand new devices/machines and apparently no clue what's wrong (or how to fix it)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks