MA500 Remote turnons

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Tuttle, Jul 30, 2002.

1. John Tuttle

John Tuttle Agent

I have two MA500s and cannot get them to go into standby mode. I am running an SR-7200 and a MM-9000. How do I setup the triggers to make the MA500 go into standby? I tried both settings (1 and 2) on the MA 500s and it did nothing.

Any helpful suggestions?

2. John Tuttle

John Tuttle Agent

3. VerhartR

VerhartR Auditioning

John,

I own five MA6100's, which are comparable to the MA500. There are two inputs: one remote input (orange) and one video input (yellow).

Connect your SR7200 remote out to the MA500 remote in. Both connections are orange. When you now switch off your receiver using the remote control your MA500 will switch off also. This will NOT work when you switch off your receiver using the power button on your receiver.

You can also connect one of your video monitor outputs from the receiver with the video input on the MA500. The MA500 will swich on as soon as it receives a video signal. When the video signal stops the MA500 will turn of automatically after 10 seconds.

Regards,
    Richard Verhart
    The Netherlands

4. John Tuttle

John Tuttle Agent

Thank you very much. I will try that tonight.

5. Mark_Buss

Mark_Buss Extra

I too have 4 MA6100's and an MA700 running from a Marantz SR7000 and it works great. Need 5 rca cables, start from the remote out on the amp (check the instruction guide if any doubt where this is) and then run the wire into and out of each MA500 remote RCA jack. Turn the SR7000 off when you try this, then turn it on and they should all click on.

mark

6. Chuck Paskovics

Chuck Paskovics Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone tell me if this will work with other receivers? I'm using a pioneer vsx-36tx. If I connect one of my monitor out's to the amps will it put it into standby? What should the selector switch setting be? 1 or 2?

7. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

"Can anyone tell me if this will work with other receivers? I'm using a pioneer vsx-36tx."

No. The MA-500 can only be triggerred by another Marantz component with the "Remote Control (RC-5)" proprietary system. The MA-6100, which is similar in specs to the MA-500, can also accept a video or 5-13V signal as a trigger.

"You can also connect one of your video monitor outputs from the receiver with the video input on the MA500."

No you can't, unless there is a different version of the MA-500 outside of the US. The version sold in the US can only accept the Marantz proprietary (RC-5) trigger.

Also be aware when first setting this up that the MA-500's power switch on the front panel needs to be in the "ON" position. When you first turn on the "triggerring" component (receiver, processor, etc.), nothing will change (the MA-500s will still be on). Once you turn the receiver's power off, the MA-500 will then go into standby mode.

Michael

8. Cameron Wright

Cameron Wright Stunt Coordinator

is that what the hell you use the Remote jack for???
    *Ding*
    [​IMG]