What's new

M-Squad Coming 9/23/08 (1 Viewer)

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Well I received my set today. Price of $31 was too good to pass up. I watched 1 episode & the quality wasn't bad. I've bought cheapo Dragnet public domain DVDs before & it's about on par with that. Really loved the episode though! Can't wait to watch more. I did pop the cd in the car when I went out. It's awesome!! I'm a jazz fan so it really impressed me. Outstanding! I so want to throw on a fedora driving around with this!!

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
It's such a treat when you hit an episode that looks good. I love this show! Wish the image was better.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Once saw an episode of A&E's "Biography" about Lee Marvin and they had clips from "M Squad" which looked liked they were tape transfers from 35mm film elements. I imagine they were pretty much destroyed in the Universal fire and a new set of replacement transfers haven't been struck up since then, so the boxed set from Timeless is all we'll ever see of M-Squad for now.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
This show, and Checkmate, are ones that Timeless/Shout should really do a do-over on.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Wvtvguy said:
It's such a treat when you hit an episode that looks good. I love this show! Wish the image was better.
What's really frustrating is when you get one with great image quality and the sound sucks. I've got about 12-13 episodes to go before finishing the set. So far, only one was too crappy looking to waste time on it. It was from the second or third season and it had Paul Burke in it. It looked like a 9th generation videotape. I had to check IMDB to be sure it was Paul Burke. My eyes would have watered if I'd tried to watch that episode.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Poor Paul...this year he received no remastering either.
Ah...but 60 out of 99 Naked City hours were remastered for those OOP Image DVD sets, 39 other episodes were 30-plus year old transfers, but still the whole complete series set beats out M-Squad by a country mile in quality!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks