What's new

M. Night Shyamalan's "Signs" (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Probably from some older threads etc, but good to hear that. For me, "Signs" was the film that kinda helped to erase the ugly memory of "ID4".. In some ways it was also better than "War of the Worlds (2005)" (which I still liked, though).

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony

Ditto! I love this movie! Had me on the edge of my seat when I saw it opening night back in '02. Can't wait for the Blu-ray! Great news!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
This is my second favorite of his films, right behind Unbreakable (also coming to HD :)). It's definitely the best "alien invasion" movie of the last ten (or more) years.

How was the previous SD DVD release with respect to extras? I don't remember it having that many so I would expect to see them all carried over.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Sorry guys, but I can not agree on this one. After 'The Sixth Sense', IMHO M. Night has been on a steady decline. Signs is not a film I could get even mildly excited about. I actually liked his very slow moving "Unbraekable' better. But I am glad to see it announced. It should prove to be another fine BD release from Buena Vista.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i don't need the village,
wide awake or lady in the water ut i'll take all the others in hd as soon as they are for sale.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
This should give Disney the opportunity to make up for the horrid-looking DVD release. The macroblocking in the walls when they were holed up was so bad it looked like a special effect.

I liked the film initially, but each time I watch it I find Gibson a little worse. Maybe someone like Dennis Quaid (or even David Duchovny) would have been more appealing to me.

Still, if it's cheap enough at some point I may pick it up just because the DVD is nearly unwatchable at points. I'll likely get Unbreakable as well, which I believe is better as well, albeit "deliberately" paced. I still think he should have completed that trilogy instead of wasting time on The Village and Lady in the Water.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Happy for the fans of the film, and I'm glad to see Buena Vista releasing more catalog titles; but like Thomas I'll pass. One of the bigger theatrical viewing disappointments that I recall.

- Walter.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I have to agree with this sentiment. I think M. Night's films are absolutely awful now, and don't understand how he still continues to get money to produce new ones (let alone why big name stars want to appear in them)?

I'm not a big fan of Signs, but think it was his last semi-decent film, but Unbreakable and (especially) The Sixth Sense was much better.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Now I'm almost 100% sure that I'm in the minority to say that I loved "The Village"!!!

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
But I liked the way the story played until the last chapter. In spite of the last chapter, I didn't hate it the way most people seemed to. It just wanted a bit too much artistic license.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Indeed, let's not assume everybody has seen this director's films including his most famous films.

Crawdaddy

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I really loved Signs and I think its his best film. It's the only one of his that I own, mainly because it doesn't rely quite so heavily on a major twist. The twist is character based rather than plot based, so I find the film to be more watchable on repeat viewings.

Doug

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

He keeps getting money because his films aren't hugely expensive to make, and they do very well at the boxoffice.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks