What's new

M K THX Speakers (1 Viewer)

Demas

Agent
Eventually, you'll get the answer you want to hear
You are getting very personal in this discussion, and i have nothing to do with it.The prices are incredibly high, the paradigms are R12000($1500) compared to the 150's R30000($3500), so you have an idea price wise what i must contend with.

Tony, i'n not sure why you are showing such anamosity towards me.I feel like you are questioning everything i say with disrespect and are trying to get me to leave this post, which is very upsetting.

All i would like is an opinion, thats all.You keep on defending your speakers, which is fine and i personally have not said anything to undermine their quality, but you have a problem with me asking for opinions based on these two speakers, and i do not know why.I would appreciate it, if you to speak to me with respect and not one that has no decency whatsoever.

Demas

C

Chris*Liberti

All M&K's are awesome speakers. The main difference between the lower and higher cost models are the number of drivers they use, the crossover point, and the way they are designed. In the THX models they have more drivers, the crossovers are set up to give the typical 80-20Khz frequency range, and they are designed to have limited vertical dispersion. Besides that all of the standard models (except for the K series and xenon series) use the same drivers. M&K speakers are 4 ohm speakers and some amps do have trouble powering them.

Demas

Agent
You get upset when people fail to give you pat answers regarding this stuff
I get upset when someone is intentially trying to cause friction in a discussion, when none of this is appropriate.
I just want you to back off and let me ask what questions that i would like to ask, whether *you* think thats annoying or not.

Please show some respect and stop this yes/no retort,type of conversation.We're all here to get advice, so be considerate and let be.

Joe Valha

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, anyone here also belong to the Wine Spectator boards? I'm going with the M & K's, should pull the trigger within 30 days. Now just deliberating on the Mitsu WS65611.....

Mike_Mag

Auditioning
Joe, I have a very similiar setup to what you are looking at. I have been running the 750 LCR, 550 surrounds for several years. I am very happy with the system..I did add in some external amp some time ago in preparation of going to seperates (Parasound). The speakers are very "true". I auditioned against the Paradigms and preferred the MK (especially for theater use). As far as your RPTV, I also went with the Mits WS65905 (off the top of my head) and love the picture (especially in HD)...I haven't experienced any difficulty or problems with anyone of these items...Happy shopping......Mike

Demas

Agent
This is my last and final reply to Tony

Now I will respectfully put you on my ignore list
You do not know the meaning of respect.Consider yourself ignored.

I apoligize to Joe and others, as this is not appropriate, and as i said previously, i'm in the same boat as you.So far, i can say that the advice that i have absorbed has been very positive and enlightening, from various sections on the forum, and i'm happy to have good people that will gladly give me advice and not judge and question, as some *other* has done.However i cannot apoligize in light of this bickering that *I* never started nor do i accept in the least.All i want is calmness and a positive mind.

ps.Sorry to all who must contend with this kind of bickering, and I stand with being positive.

Demas

Demas

Agent
Hi Joe,the 750's do sound different to the paradigm speakers.The first thing i did was knock on the cabinet, and found a slightly boxy or hollow sound, which was absent with the studio's.I guess that this means less overall colouration, but the sound of 750 were very good overall.Their highs were forward to me and exibited a slightly pronounced midrange which sounds very nice.

They have a very wide dynamic range, which is pleasing as well.

Regards

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Are we here to discuss speakers or to flame and argue using this thread as a medium? Settle down and get back to the topic at hand please

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks