What's new

M&K surround speakers-SW85, S85, Sur55tple - with a DA5ES (1 Viewer)

VinceS

Grip
I have been poking aroung the boards and with the search engine trying to figure what to replace my surround speakers with. I have found a ton of great info here but I figured I'd post some details to see what opinions you guys have.

I have a Sony STRDA5ES receiver with a pair of M&K S100Bs for the front l/r, an S125C for the center, and an MX150Mk2 sub. Currently I am using two Polk f/x500i dipole/bipole speakers for the surround but I want to get something a little less conspicuous and timbre matched to the M&K fronts - so another set of M&Ks. I was looking between the M&K SW85 in-wall, the S85's, or the Surround 55 tripoles. From all the posts I have seen I will end up getting 3 of them to take advantage of the 5ES's 6 channel output - it seems like it is definitely the way to go. I also need something fairly inconspicuous - the spouse factor!

There is also one big rub - I plan on moving in about a year (buy a home) and really don't want to tear up the wall in the apartment I am currently renting so this presents a problem with the SW85 in wall speakers. I was thinking of making a sort of on-wall temporary enclosure for them from which I could remove them when I want to really instal them.

What do you all think? Does anyone have a similiar setup that could give me some feedback? Sorry for the wordy post...Thanks!!

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
Vince, all the surrounds you mentioned would probably work fine, but I would call or e-mail M&K directly and ask what would match your current setup best, or call your local dealer if you think they are qualified to answer this. Since we are talking about surrounds though, I think it's less important than having a seamless front stage. I use S150s across the front with Surround 550s(direct radiating) for the rears(5.1) left over from my previous 750 system and all sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks